Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

2014 SP & Akrapovic Full System

11K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  Rocks 
#1 ·
Good evening gents,
I installed the Akrapovic full system and am having an issue with the exhaust touching the belly pan on the left side opening, which slightly burned the plastic on start up. Is this merely a need to disassemble the exhaust and trying to reposition the pipes? Has anyone else had this issue on a 2013 or 2014 model? I have also included a picture and you can see the small spot where it touched the pipe; does the arrangement look any different than yours? Thank you in advance for your time and assistance; have a good evening!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have an 08 and it burned my chinese fairings but not my OEM ones, on the lower "belly pan" fairing. are you all stock or do you have track fairings or something?

#6 · (Edited)
I've read the headers on the CBRs are really good to start with. I'm not sure anyone else on this forum has a full system on their '14 CBR yet. For my '14, I'm going with a slip on.

I'm starting to think some companies are just claiming their systems (full or slip on) fit the '14 models so they dont have to re engineer new pipes. Like they think a few millimeters wont matter. Some companies say their exhausts/slip ons fit the 08-14, others say they dont and that the '14s are slightly different. With feedback like that, I'm gonna wait to make my mind up, and see what comes out within the next year for the '14. This may be a good example of a few millimeters mattering.

But those pipes look damn good.

#15 ·
Got in touch with Akrapovic and the system is not compatible with the SP based on the mounting position of the can...it moves the whole system so the pipes touch the fairing and the oil pan. The rear sets on the SP are 10 mm back and slightly up from the normal 1000RR. Apparently very few companies make a dedicated exhaust for the SP. Ordering their new slip-on instead.

Attachments

#16 ·
I'm pretty sure there is no difference between the regular 2014 1000rr and the 2014 SP model (when it comes to muffler mounting position, and rear set position); There are other differences, but not those. What you should have said, is that the whole 2014 cbr1000rr model lineup is slightly different than the 2013 model (in those aspects). And yes, not many manufacturers want to make new exhausts specifically for the 2014 model year.....yet....and that SUCKS ASS.

I want a nice exhaust just as bad as anyone else on my '14, but touching the oil pan, and burning my fairing is just not acceptable. :th_down:

#17 ·
I just installed a full system on my 13 1krr. No issue with burning my fairings or anything that you listed. I have a few friends with 14s/sp. I will ask them to see if they had the same issue when they installed their akras.

#22 ·
I know how that goes, I bought my 2012 brand new and when I put a full akrapovic on it, the right side pipe burnt the lower fairing..

#24 ·
it says right on the akro site the short can (posted) slip on is not compatible with the 2014 models (USA models) and to us the older S-H10SO6T-TT model slip on. For the full they are saying they can work on the SP. However I would check the mounting before starting

#26 ·
I just ordered the exhaust but it hasn't been released yet. On the Akro website it said it won't fit the standard '14 US version. I just contacted Akro about the US SP version, will post what they say.

The pic of the SP with that Slip on mounted is the US version, there is no ABS lines on the pics.

#27 ·
Hello ------,

1) We do not offer this system for 2014 in the US version of the motorcycle.
2) This system is not designed to fit 2014n US Model.
3) Our factory has not approved fitment for 2014 US model only European model.
4) We cannot offer fitment advice on the US version as we have NOT confirmed fitment

The systems that will fit 2014 US model are as follows:

S-H10SO6T-TC
S-H10SO6T-TT

Best,

Nicole Allen
Motorcycle Division Team

<image001.png>

Akrapovič America LLC
36 Waterworks Way
Irvine, California 92618
USA

t: +949-679-3491 Ext 222
f: +949-485-6683
m: +949-572-8234
e: mc.sales@akrapovic.com
w: Akrapovi?

Well this is what Akra said, so I switched my order to the SC-project CR-T

#31 ·
old thread but I installed the akra full system (S-H10R7-TT) on mine. no fitment issues, the link pipes have to be adjusted correctly. We rotated them then a few degrees here and there to match the install pics and had no issues.

The exhaust sounds great, I have the pcv n auto tune on it and took it out today for the first time. I will still put it on the dyno at my shop but it feels really good, no popping etc. The response of the bike is improved. pre exhaust numbers where 153.8 however I did not run it on the dyno with the exhaust yet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.