Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Pump not priming

8K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  neubie 
#1 ·
So I pulled my battery and everything that connects to my harness about two months ago. Now when I reconnect everything my fuel pump doesn't prime. The bike turns over strong and everything else works. No sensors are forgotten. Bike is a 2014 with a Scorpio (I900 I believe) alarm. Anybody have any idea what my issue could be or a quick fix? As you can tell by my post I'm really lazy right now and will probably call Scorpio tomorrow. But if I can wake up to answer tomorrow that would be the best lol. I get my battery tray tomorrow and want to hear my baby idle.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
The I900 shows it has an ignition kill; does it kill it by disabling the fuel pump? If it does so, it's most likely inline through some module. Perhaps removing the module and putting the factory connections together will resolve your issue.

#4 ·
Nope. My kill switch is definitely where it needs to Be. I called Scorpio and I guess the alarm had absolutely nothing to do with fuel pressure or the pump. So I must be missing something somewhere. Anyone know of anything under the seat that would cause the pump not to prime if missing?

#5 ·
Nope. My kill switch is definitely where it needs to Be. I called Scorpio and I guess the alarm had absolutely nothing to do with fuel pressure or the pump. So I must be missing something somewhere. Anyone know of anything under the seat that would cause the pump not to prime if missing?
No lights are being thrown.

#6 ·
Even though they said the scorpio does nothing, id remove it just to see if the switch primes the pump w/o it connected

Also you can do whats in the picture to see if its getting power or not

#8 ·
Alright, so I'm not sure if I talked to a new employee or something but the ignition kill is definetly my issue. And it is definetly wired into my fuel pump. I guess disconnecting the battery before the main harness to the alarm caused it to trigger but I have no idea how to reset it. The manual is filled with info on reprogramming and resetting everything except for this. I'm just going to rip it out tomorrow afternoon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.