Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

INJECTION HELP! Im at a loss :(

929 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  RepsolNick 
#1 ·
I have an unusual issue (or maybe not) Running issue (electrical i'm sure)
i have an 09 1000rr. Hot bodies slip on, PCV, K&N air filter
a few weeks ago it was running fine. always had that mid temp idle bounce, and bought a PCV hoping to correct that, loaded the map (and naturally it didn't fix anything, honestly didn't notice any difference at all with that stupid thing) Anyway, a few weeks ago i pulled out the wire for the license plate light because it was flickering, and stupidly forgot to tape up the wires, i'm guessing they grounded bc shortly later i blew a fuse that lit up the display. Replaced the fuse and it went back on (tho i noticed the mph wouldn't stay at one mph, it would flick back and forth between say 50-51 or whatever) Anyway, it was fine for a week, then on a ride, out went my display again (but the high beam light worked) it wasn't the fuse. on that same ride i was cruising and felt the bike kinda hiccup and suddenly the exhaust was slightly louder, at low rpm it struggled to get up and go, and it started to smell like sulfer (too rich?) i thought maybe bad fuel, but if, while riding, i hit the kill switch, then restart the bike, it will choke for a second, then reset back to normal, accelerating normal ... for a few minutes, then it would do that slight hiccup (as if choking) and hesitate bad at low rpm. It always warms up normal and runs fine for a few minutes after starting it, but always reverts to this issue. i tried loading a zero map(which basically shuts off the PCV, and even messed around with the fuel settings a bit on the power commander, and nothing changed it. my display is still out, i also noticed my tail light only lights up on brake (no running light. bad at night) IDK if some electrical virus is going through my bike or what, but i'm stressed.. i can ride, but it loses decent power when it happens. if i reset it and cruise around town slowly it seems to take longer to switch whatever fuel issue is causing the roughness. off the line it struggles almost like you have a choke on when it shouldn't be on a carbureted bike.
If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it (sorry for such a long message i just wanted to run through every step of what led up to this issue
thanks!
Nick

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm not sure I'll have to check tomorrow. But the main pattern is that it starts out fine, then after a short amount of riding something suddenly switches and it runs shittier, if it was mechanical you'd think it would be more Consistent, but it's not, I'm thinking maybe electronic. Something computer related maybe

#6 ·
i'd think if it was the cat converter the issue would be consistent and non stop. but the bike runs totally fine for a short time then just suddenly switches over to choking. if i ride harder it happens quicker, if i putz around town it takes a little longer to switch over. a friend suggested i completely remove the PCV first to try that out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.