Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

2012 headers on a 2014

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  rednblack 
#1 · (Edited)
So here in Aus and Euro I believe, the headers for the 2014 and on have changed. As such no of the U.S. made exhaust will fit. My question, could I in theory fit a set of '12 headers to my '14? Are the mounting points underneath the bike different for the 2 years?

#2 ·
Why would you do this? One of the (few) improvements on the 2014 bikes were the improved exhaust headers.

Having a Eurospec bike doesn't limit your choices does it? What do Europeans do? The European market for Superbikes is probably bigger than the USA right now.

You displayed an interest in the Eurospec Akrapovic slip on, why don't you try it? How many of the USA manufactured slip ons come with a dyno chart to validate their performance?

#4 ·
The 2014 has a 60mm outlet in AUS trust me - I did buy a taylor for my 2014 and found out the hard way. You cant get a taylomade to fit the 60mm outlet off the catalyst so i bought a complete system from yoshi and couldnt be happier.

My mates 2012 has the taylormade on it but mine got more power on the dyno due to the design of it , the yoshi flows much better. Very happy with the outcome so i would suggest a full system yoshi or akra slipon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.