Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Recommend me an exhaust

14K views 80 replies 36 participants last post by  RR07 
#1 ·
Having trouble finding the right exhaust. Currently have a Toce. Super loud and deep, but doesn't really have a nice tone to it. Just sounds bland. Also a bit too loud for cruising.

Previously had a two brothers carbon. I liked the sound, had a very nice tone and not as loud as Toce. I didn't like the look of it though

I love the look of Taylormade, but it just sounds so bland. I don't particularly care for a loud exhaust, but I'm looking for something that sounds different than just a quieted down straight pipe. The two brothers had an almost V4 sound to it

Going by YouTube videos, I like the sound of the Yoshi R11. Has that similar tone to the two brothers and looks decent enough. Can't seem to find it from anywhere though. Looks like Japan only

I don't care for power gains btw, and cost is not an issue. Would prefer something with a filler panel.

#8 ·
Thanks for the tips! A found a local guy selling a TaylorMade for cheap so I picked up to try and experiment by cutting out one of the mufflers and putting a straight pipe. I'll see how it sounds after that. Will probably be selling my Toce pretty soon if anyone's interested. literally only 20 miles on it. for a 2012+

#9 ·
I just put om the M4 Street Slayer for my CBR. Nice deep town at low rpms and mid, nice tone when mid revs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#12 ·
That was my second choice but I thought $700ish was price for a slip-on.

#15 ·
I just got the Taylormade this weekend. I would prefer a deeper note, but it looks pimp.

Has anyone tried installing race baffles in them to change the tone? Just a thought for the OP...probably not worth it if you are buying one brand new....second hand tho, it may be a thought...

#20 ·
+1 on the M4 slayer that is what I have and really like it . I dont really like a screaming pipe but I also like that deep sound . I have always had Hindel but at the time they didnt make a pipe for the RR they do now . Let us know how the TM sounds .

#22 ·
So many options in either full or slip. From what I have found is that some full systems have been discontinued, Leo Vince, Sato, Arata for certain years or just hard as hell to find. Hyper-Flo, Arata, Bodis, Leo Vince, Termignoni, Moriwaki. And some only have slip on available for my year.
Not a lot of comparison data and several Manufacturers sites provide very little data.

The cleanest and most structurally sound I have seen is Akra, Arrow, and Yoshi. They all look really well made but, I can find the most data on these brands

Personally, I am having a hard time choosing between Arrow and Akra. Wanted Bodis, Moriwaki, or Termignoni but they are European/Asian with no US dealers.

Anyone else feel the same or have a differing opinion???

Education is always best and I am looking for any input.

#25 ·
I don't know about the hinder but the m4 is pretty loud with a low tone. Look up db levels for each exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 ·
I bought a used carbon fiber slip on Yoshimura RS5 with a PCV recently for $300. Impulse buy really because I was not even sure what it was going to do for the bike but i noticed that most of the sport bikes use them. Are there any real performance benefits from this or is this simply going to change the sound of the exhaust?

#28 ·
Why did you decide to do that anyway? I think the TM is pretty loud stock. I love mine.

#30 · (Edited)
hi,,,

I thought about this question for a while. I think that all of the aftermarket pipes make good HP gain's. The most power gain from any pipe these day's comes from installing all the new electronics tricks of your choice, and a pipe of your choice, and paying the extra cost of a dyno tune run. To answer directly, the last time I checked on this power gain, it was the Yoshimura. I read allot of mag's to figure that out. However, that dosen't mean I know what I'm talking about actually. What I would like to say as recommendation, (even if you don't want one), is this; you can have a certian look now, with any of the kits available, you will get plenty of power and a cool sound.

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

#34 ·
http://www.1000rr.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=226346&stc=1&d=1489683892

I had my bike out Yesterday, and all I can say is, the sound was awesome, i just finished fitting a HM quick shifter, and removed the baffle from the Akra Race Carbon and Titanium full system. It even gave a little crackle. I would highly recommend this exhaust, mine has the de cat but still has the sensor pick up connection. It is everything you will want, and if you find it too noisy, which i don't, then you can always replace the baffle.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.