Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

What Fuel powers your 1000rr ?

8K views 41 replies 28 participants last post by  Skeletor 
#1 ·
The topic says it all. Whether you use different types of race fuels or just regular pump gas, this is ultimately what keeps our high performance machines rollin. Some being track bikes, some being our daily drivers, and some being both.

I just recently found a gas station where I live that has Both 95 & 100 octane VP race fuel at the pump ... It's a bit pricey, but compared to filling up a car or truck, it's not too bad. They also sell 5 gallon drums of the fuel sold at the pump, and for those that want to drop the extra coin, they can order different types of race fuel directly from VP that's not carried at the station.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Cheap, regular (85 or 87?) octane gas for the last 10 years. I've done cross country road trips, commuting, and track days, and I've put up to 30k miles on a single bike. So far my engines haven't blown up or had any problems. Unless you're racing at a supremely competitive level, high octane fuel is a waste of money.

#13 ·
95 is the cheapest, so that's what I normally give her to drink.
But if hubby is with me, his bike has issues and only wants 98, and we fill up both... she gets 98 also.

#23 ·
True that!

#24 ·
After seeing numbers like 91 and even 87 I did some reading. I was confused about the huge difference and the low octane numbers.
Surprise! European octane numbers are way different from USA octane numbers, for the same fuel.

I wrote about giving Beauty 95 or 98. Those are European numbers.
If I'm correct that's 90.7 and 93.5 octane in the US. That's what my friend Google told me.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just trying to figure out stuff I don't understand, or stuff I'm confused about'.

#27 ·
Premium 91 without an ethanol mix. Shell is usually the best for throttle response and is as good as the ethanol free gas. Throttle response is all I care about on the bike.

Reactions: 2WheelsOnly
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.