Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Please help!

825 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sashsania 
#1 ·
I just installed my pc5 today and found I've been running my zbomb in the wrong connector for the last 2500 miles. I installed a two bros slip on and the zbomb at 600 miles and never threw a engine light or gave me any indication that I had it plugged into the map sensor. Hope I didn't create any long term neg affects to my bike? Now with the pc5 and auto-tune installed and zbomb plugged into tps my bike runs super lean. I worked with customer service at power commander all afternoon They were great but even after they added more fuel remotely through my pc we couldn't get it close they believe it's a massive air leak somewhere in the exhaust. Do you think it may have something to do with the incorrect install of the zbomb? My afr with the auto tune connected is around 20:1. I have checked the exhaust and have a very small leak at the slip on to header joint. The O2 bung and sensor are leak free, the bike is practically BN so I'm at a complete loss as to where to go next? Any help would be super appreciated!

#2 ·
Update.... So I guess my head was up my rear during install... I went back through all of the connectors for the pc5 and verified via the instructions, all seemed to look as it should...that is until my cousin stopped by and pointed out I was connected to secondary injectors not to the primary's. Hence why the afr didn't change at idle by adding fuel, needless to say once I added fuel the afr changed immediately. So to sum it up it was a mistake that I should have caught immediately but the instructions were written incorrectly and I connected to the wrong connectors again. This being the second oversight on something that should be plug and play (zbomb,pc5) I'm really questioning my cognitive ability. Both installs should have been extremely simple but I managed to screw it up. Thank you to anybody that took the time to read my original post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.