Yoshi R77 Full Install help!!! wont line up - Page 4 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #31

Yes those are the gaskets, and they are not reusable. If you are going to use gask.ets you need new ones. It all had to come off anyways, unless you like exhaust leaks from hell. I would listen to Brad he knows his shit.
MODS: HRC Intake Stacks, HRC Cams, HRC Head Gasket, Yoshimura R-77 Titanium Full Exhaust, Power Commander III, Bazzaz Z-Bomb, Spiegler Brake Lines, Flapper mod, Smog Blockoffs, Woodcraft Clipons, Woodcraft Frame Sliders, Woodcraft Spools, Woodcraft Stator Cover and Case Saver, Taylormade Undertail, Custom Hidden LED Signals, Gilles as31gt Rearsets, Sato Race Hooks, most importantly Suspenion Setup, and Custom Dyno Tune.
twilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #32

I might even redo mine with gaskets and bend the fan brackets as he suggested. Because I do have a small leak on the #3 header
MODS: HRC Intake Stacks, HRC Cams, HRC Head Gasket, Yoshimura R-77 Titanium Full Exhaust, Power Commander III, Bazzaz Z-Bomb, Spiegler Brake Lines, Flapper mod, Smog Blockoffs, Woodcraft Clipons, Woodcraft Frame Sliders, Woodcraft Spools, Woodcraft Stator Cover and Case Saver, Taylormade Undertail, Custom Hidden LED Signals, Gilles as31gt Rearsets, Sato Race Hooks, most importantly Suspenion Setup, and Custom Dyno Tune.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #33

yes i just called yoshi and they said that the header is "precision" cut to seal well with the head without a gasket...so im gonna pull the stock ones off and go without em like yoshi said....somebody stop me if im making a huge mistak lol

and yes i will be having it custom tuned the stripped screws are really whats getting to me, there just no way to get em out
RC-DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #34

If you run without gaskets you will need to seat them with a rubber mallet. What screws are stripped?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #35

2 screws in the velocity stacks.....they are totally stripped

damn now i cant decide, gaskets? no gaskets? cuz if thats the case ill just leave these stock ones in.....but if yoshi says its okay, im thinking its ok.....but im thinking they are thinking from saying from a race perspective where engine rebuilds are common....from a street perspective would gaskets be better?
Old 11-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #36

Probably best to spend the $ on new gaskets, you already dropped all that $ on exhaust...and do you really want to take it off again because you used old gaskets? I've been running no gaskets for 2yrs just so you know, like I said though it does have small exhaust leak...
Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #37

decisions decisions.....i really prefer to not bend the rad fan. but then again i dont want leaks so leaving gaskets would be fine. but if yoshi says its supposed to be without gaskets i dont want it installed "improperly".....how can u tell u have a leak on cylinder 3?
Old 11-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DEVIL View Post
...somebody stop me if im making a huge mistak lol
OK I will

Here's the question.
Do you really want to pull it all apart again when you end up with an exhaust leak?
If your answer is no, then get some new gaskets and be done with it.
Rocketj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketj21 View Post
OK I will

Here's the question.
Do you really want to pull it all apart again when you end up with an exhaust leak?
If your answer is no, then get some new gaskets and be done with it.

but heres the thing if the yoshi is designed to be used without the gaskets is it not detrimental to have the gaskets causing the headers to not seat properly?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DEVIL View Post
but heres the thing if the yoshi is designed to be used without the gaskets is it not detrimental to have the gaskets causing the headers to not seat properly?
A gasket ensures a seal between two mating surfaces nothing more nothing less.
Your other exhaust seated just fine with the gaskets in place why would this be any different?
Rocketj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement