Yoshi R77 Full Install help!!! wont line up : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #1

Yoshi R77 Full Install help!!! wont line up

i got the stock headers/taylormade off even though i only had it for 100 miles and im tryna figure out the best way to put on these yoshi headers/mufflers.....i just cant seem to get em right, do u put just the header pipes on first and then connect to the second collector pipe under the oil pan?

whats the best way to install this sucker???? i just cant seem to get it to line up all 4 at one time!!!!

the yoshi full for the 2012 is the same as the 08-11? besides the shield correct?

also the install shows the flange and manifold being able to come off the header pipes. but they are already on the header pipes and they dont come off? and i cant seem to get it to line up when the whole headers and collector are assembled (without springs) it SUCKS!!!

like how the f*ck does this work

-Install Yoshimura manifolds and flanges using
stock nuts. Do not torque at this time. (Fig. 4)
Note: Leave manifolds loose to ease fitment of
headers.
-Install springs onto flanges, noting spring hook
locations of header.
-Install header from one end of the engine to the
other. Slip one tube at a time into manifolds.
Install springs using supplied spring puller tool.
Note: Make sure that header tubes are seated
fully into the exhaust manifolds.
RC-DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #2

I did mine with the mid pipe on. With two people. One on each side moving two pipes each with a foot underneath the mid piped, it does take a minute but it will work.

On an 08
Old 11-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by winslo16 View Post
I did mine with the mid pipe on. With two people. One on each side moving two pipes each with a foot underneath the mid piped, it does take a minute but it will work.

On an 08

thanks for your reply

did u have the springs off? but the whole 4 header and midpipe was assembled? maybe i need to get another set of hands to help me cuz its just not lining up for me. im gonna try to put it on all one pice (headers.mid w/o springs) and see how that goes
Old 11-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #4

I installed mine with the header already assembled, sans springs.

Now that you mention it I do remember it being quite a pain. I did it by myself and all and all including the PC5 install I think it took me ~6hrs.

The trick is to take your time and be patient. Do not force anything, it will fit. If you force it and bend something it may no longer fit.

I has been a while since I did mine, ~2 years, but I think if you work from one side to the other and back again, over and over until it fits. Don't try to make it go all at once. Each pass you should be able to get it closer and closer to fitting, until at last, it does.
King Of Beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
LEO

I always attach springs after any exhaust install, the sections do not need the tension during the installation.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of Beers View Post
I installed mine with the header already assembled, sans springs.

Now that you mention it I do remember it being quite a pain. I did it by myself and all and all including the PC5 install I think it took me ~6hrs.

The trick is to take your time and be patient. Do not force anything, it will fit. If you force it and bend something it may no longer fit.

I has been a while since I did mine, ~2 years, but I think if you work from one side to the other and back again, over and over until it fits. Don't try to make it go all at once. Each pass you should be able to get it closer and closer to fitting, until at last, it does.
thanks for ur reply
what do you mean by each pass? are you lining up one header at a time? and then going back over adjusting the header pipe next to it? are you putting the flanges on each port coming out the engine each pass or are you just ling up the pipes?
Old 11-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #7
Admin

you should be able to get i it together just like it comes out of the box. if you cant get it to go together that way, take it further apart. pull all the springs off and start at the number one header and work your way right. the nuts that attach the header to the motor should be on but very loose. that way you have as much wiggle room as possible.

http://www.superbikesupply.com
info@superbikesupply.com
828-287-2101-sales
FEED YOUR EGO!!
http://www.facebook.com/superbikesupply
SBS Forum http://forum.superbikesupply.com/forum.php
08 cbr 1000rr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Being right is bitter-sweet when you're ruled and surrounded by morons.

"Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves." - D.H. Lawrence
lexus rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #8

i swear its like as soon as i get the 1st header on the others just get hung up on the threads coming out of the block.....i have never had this much trouble putting a full sys on, im gonna have another go at it tommorrow and im gonna try have a buddy come over so i can have an extra pair of hands
Old 11-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #9

cant help with instal but im looking for taylor made for my 2012 1000rr. i believe its the same as 08 except plate? let me know if you have for sale please? just asking...sounded like you might have one? thx
Gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #10

Ok I got it on there but now the number 3 header has a little but of run on the radiator fan.... Anybody else has this issue? Everything up is mounting fine and the fan still moves there's just a little rub, it kinda bothers me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement