Bazzaz or Dynojet?? : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 05:33 AM   #1

Bazzaz or Dynojet??

G'day

Just installed an Akra slipon this weekend and now starting to research about aftermarket pc for my 2010 1000rr !!!

I seein that the dynojet is all separate units but the Bazzaz have all in one unit with TC,feul and quick shift. Is anyone running the Bazzaz ??

The auto tune is separate though. Would you suggest it as a necessary part when installing either units??
VasRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #2

The bazzzaz is more money, but depending on what you want from you bike, then that is your answer. more power and features, get the bazzaz. the auto tune is a need, if you want the range that it offers.
HM 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #3

Power Commander has been around longer and people is more familiar to it so I say Power commander is better
Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #4

Bazzaz to me is better they control upper and lower injectors (all 8). dyno jet will sell you a mod to control them all but why should you have to buy another module. Bazzaz connectors and wires are as good as oem. Instructions are near perfect which makes it easy for the non mechanical people. There customer support far exceeds dyno jet. I'm not trashing dyno jet just seen a lot of bad reviews. I went with Bazzaz zfi, zbomb, zafm (self mapper) on my 12 1krr and couldn't be happier. I had two minor issues with software downloading to my computer and Bazzaz walked me through it fast. I was only on hold for 2 min! Take it for what it's worth check with brad
(Lexus rx) and see what he had to say...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
BigRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #5

Love the bazzaz , but can find a good map and since I just moved across the country don't have the cash
But I have the z-fi and the z bomb w/ yosh slip on and bmc air filter and runs great !!
Anyone have a good map they can send ?

Flatblkblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
Bazzaz to me is better they control upper and lower injectors (all 8). dyno jet will sell you a mod to control them all but why should you have to buy another module. Bazzaz connectors and wires are as good as oem. Instructions are near perfect which makes it easy for the non mechanical people. There customer support far exceeds dyno jet. I'm not trashing dyno jet just seen a lot of bad reviews. I went with Bazzaz zfi, zbomb, zafm (self mapper) on my 12 1krr and couldn't be happier. I had two minor issues with software downloading to my computer and Bazzaz walked me through it fast. I was only on hold for 2 min! Take it for what it's worth check with brad
(Lexus rx) and see what he had to say...

did u have to weld ur exhaust for the 02 bung? my yoshi r77 full has to have another bung welded in im having such a pain installing the zafm

i still think bazzaz is better than dynojet for sure but its a pain to put in
RC-DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #7

Yes my exhaust had no bung at all so I had to mark it drill out hole and weld ss. It's not that bad really make sure you put it as close to where the slip goes on collector...

BigRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #8

my yoshi r77 full has the 02 bung but its just not the right size. im just gonna hang on to the bazzaz zfi and zafm till im not lazy enough to get it drilled or do it my self. local shop wants 120$ just to weld in the bung
Old 11-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #9

I went with Bazzaz. The bike has 8 injectors, why not tune all 8?

I had a ZAFM. Hated it. Good for a track bike I guess, but a street bike should not be tuned for a set AFR. Nothing is better than a custom tune. I sold the ZAFM and had the bike dyno tuned. Much better result.

Faster, faster! Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death! (H.S. Thompson)

Last edited by diddy2003; 11-26-2012 at 06:01 AM.
diddy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy2003 View Post
I went with Bazzaz. The bike has 8 injectors, why not tune all 8?

I had a ZAFM. Hated it. Good for a track bike I guess, but a street bike should not be tuned for a set AFR. Nothing is better than a custom tune. I sold the ZAFM and had the bike dyno tuned. Much better result.

this is my exact question should i just sell the afm and use that $$ to get a custom tune? id like to have it in order to play with it but the bike is on the street and if a guy who tunes can do it good once. he will prolly do it better than me playing around with a zafm a million times?

Last edited by diddy2003; 11-26-2012 at 06:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement