Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Vibration and buzzz!

15K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  max2010 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i have question, my bike started to have some kind of vibration from the engine itself and like a buzz when i add some more throttle from low rpms.
Its like when i am making a slow turn and i am in first gea amd sqeeze he throttle and i feel the 1 sec buzz from the rear part of bike or engine and them its gone. The vibration i feel it in my handlebars, seat under me and sometimes on the lower part on the gas tank near the seat.
Bike accelerates fine in every gear, no vibratition at all on medium or hard acceleration. Only on cruzing constant speeds.
Chain was cleaned,waxed and aggjusted 100 miles ago.
Oil was changed 400 miles ago.
My first thoughts were the chain or the cam chain tensioner.
Bike has 9400 miles.

#2 ·
My first thought was chain. But only because I know you have had a new one for quite some time that you havent put on yet. How hard are you squeezing the throttle? Could it be wheel spin? Maybe just your motor making more power with recent mods and you can feel it more?

When mine has a vibration taking off in first.its because my chain is overdue for a clean/lube. But youve done quite a bit to your bike recently.

#3 ·
Yes sir, motor has lots of more power.
And accelerates fine all the way to the redline and no vibration then.
Vibration is on cruising speeds.
And the buzzz is like half sec when i add throttle from 2000 rpm.
If i sqeeze the throttle gentle, nothing.
As for the old chain, i check it link by link, no tight spots and chain slack is the same on every different spot when i turn the wheel.

#16 ·
Make sure rear tire is aligned fairly well? How many miles are on your front tire, could be cupping? Verify tighness of frame slider bolts. If you have changed grips lately this could do it. I know once I got mine all back together with the woodcraft bars it had a lot more "feel" but I like that.

#18 ·
What are you doing 'cruising' at 2,000RPM? You're in too high of a gear if you are rolling along at 2k dude... Downshift once or twice. You are making a characteristic of your engine into an 'issue', the engine will vibrate like shit when you lug it like that by design. It is working as intended.

The thread you linked to is a fundamentally different issue - You get vibrations at 2,000RPM and below, which is normal. That guy was getting buzzing at freeway speeds which is completely different than what you are describing.

Maybe I don't understand you. I am having a hard time reading your posts. My impression was that your bike is buzzing at excessively low RPM, and only at excessively low RPM. Is this correct or is it also happening at other points in the RPM band as well?

#20 ·
I am sorry if i mix the words in a sentence,but i am not american.
Bit i think i said it correct, bike had the buzzz on or below 2000 rpm and it dit that twice when i squeezed the throttle to much.
I know thats a shock and i dont that now, i tried it couple of times only.
The vibrations were in 2,3,4,5 gear on cruising speeds,
2th gear on 4000 rpms on 39mph has vibration
3 th gear also vibration.
4 th gear on highways on 7000 rpms has vibration
5 gear on 6000 rpms on highways has vibration
No vibration in 6th gear on highway on 6000 rpms or more.

The vibration is on hands,under the seat and right foot peg.

Under hard acceleration in all gears , no vibration at all.

#23 ·
Okay, vibration is much less after disconnecting the battery and leaving it to reset the ECU.
But there is still some vibration on the right peg and on idle there is small vibration in the clutch lever when its not pressed.
When i press the clutch lever, no vibration at all on the lever.

#24 ·
Spoke with Brad (lexusrx) and he said the small vibration in the lever is normal because of the slipper clutch.
I rode the bike without a helmet few miles from home so i can hear or feel something better, vibration was on the right foot peg again.
Maybe the arrow slip on causes that vibration?
I will remove the can i try it to see how it will react.

#25 ·
CCT aka Cam Chain Tensioner, i just had mine replaced the otherday under warranty

Reactions: GligorovDimce
#33 ·
u know what would be cool, i don't know if anyone makes it, i've seen some high-end automotive diagnostic equipment, that could be made to do the same thing, but if you think its some sort of imbalance in air/fuel/spark and timing control from one or more of the cylinders, would be to instrument the bike with a data acquisition system consisting of in-cylinder pressure transducers (the spark plug type, where the pressure transducer is built into the spark plug, not sure if they make them yet specifically for the 1000rr), crankshaft position signal (for TDC and timing), spark signal/current for each cylinder, and current signal for each injector (measure pulse width). the pressure transducers would allow you to see the exact output from the power stroke of each cylinder, each combustion event, and the rest of the signals would help diagnose, whether it was from air, fuel, spark, timing, etc... would something like that be useful, and if noone makes one, how much would people be willing to pay for something like that ?

#39 ·
No....what you hear was primary urge to get busa.
Some times ago me and G had conversation....he was vomplaining about the surge, told him since he has camera, why dont take video and post it up. G claimed that rpm doesnt biunce and you cant hear stuttering....you just can feel it. All right now i can feel it allright.....the big guy wanna busa......thats what he felt :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.