Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

2008 Honda CBR1000RR Salvage Pricing

15K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  whitarnold 
#1 ·
Alright so I have a 2008 Cbr 1000RR I have listed on ebay a couple of times. I am not getting the amount I feel it deserves. It has a salvage title and over 16k miles. I am coming here just to be realistic. What do you guys think this is worth. I had it up for sale for $4,000 or best offer and a few offers came in at 4,500 but I declined. It needs a few tid bits but starts up and runs fine(hot wired of course). No key came with it from the auction when I purchased it. I am selling this one to hopefully get some funds together to get my 09-13 repsol. Honest opinions please and thank you in advance.

Here are some pictures of everything I have.

See less See more
#2 ·
Also....I have thought of parting it out but I am not sure I would get more that way in this case. I do also understand being in Michigan that it is cold and maybe discourages some people from buying. I have not listed it on craigslist because part of me wants to buy tracking fairings and just prep it for next season.

#5 ·
#6 ·
To give you an idea. I have an 08 1000rr that I am selling as well. The bike has a clean title, 16k miles and its stock (other than lil things here and there such as steel braided lines, fender eliminator, sliders..etc).

I am also including a spare set of fairings (chinese castrol), and random spares I have. I am asking 6k for it....and....it is still sitting in my garage!.

If they give you 3500, take it. Otherwise you will have a piece of unrideable machinery getting depreciated every month in your garage..

Those are my 2 cents...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
You should have sold it for 3500
For a wrecked bike with possible frame damage and a salvage title plus the slow selling season of winter approaching you should have accepted one of those offers. You won't get $4k for that bike even in the summer months.

I looked it over pretty good and frame seems un touched.

#11 ·
you should of sold it

You can get those decent with less miles for 6k

the amount of parts and work needed plus its a salvage title= possible headaches

#12 ·
I agree, you should take the $3,500. I've bought and retitled salvage bikes, but only if the price was less than half the value of the NADA or KBB value to make it worth my time. In Maryland the State Police detectives have to inspect the bike by appointment only and they are spread thin across the State so it takes time, also they inspect engine #'s vs VIN #'s and if there is a discrepancy they will not stamp the title. Then parts replacement for regular inspection, then MVA paperwork. If one typo is made from salvage company to MVA's doorstep the whole process fails. I've had to track down previous owners or auction companies before and it's not fun. Then you have the issue of explaining all of this to the next owner if you ever decide to sell and they become weary of buying a bike with an R or S title.

Anyway, I think $3,500 is fair for what you have check the salvage websites for price comparisons. GLWS!

#14 ·
#15 ·
#23 ·
Clip on's are fine but brake lever is broken...I still rode it lol

And LOL about Ebay.....I hope you are not the guy that offered $100 for the Leo Vince!
Untouched?? Are you blind?
Ouch I know its scratched but believe me I have seen worse.

Prtty much where im at now..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Good luck with the build. It always is fun and expensive.

man my old bike looks exactly like this. same everything when i wrecked lol. part the exhaust? pm... i miss that exhaust so much :(
Yea this one took a nice hit....

#20 ·
Well this is certainly NOT the right time to sell a bike in Michigan (or any other northern state for that matter where the riding season has slowed to a crawl for the most part due to winter).

There were a handful of higher mileage 08-11's selling for around $5000 or so this past summer IIRC, so to expect a rebuilt/salvage title bike to sell for anymore than the figures you posted is going to be a struggle. Hang onto it and wait until spring unless you absolutely need the money now and have to do a "fire sale."

For peace of mind (if you decide to keep it or for a prospective buyer), you may want to have a reputable motorcycle shop check the frame/forks/etc, to confirm if they are still straight or tweaked.

G'luck...

#26 ·
I would say closer to $2,000 would be a fair price. In perfect shape this bike would be worth $6500 with the high miles, take in to account that it needs over $3,000 in parts to repair, not included labor, and of course you could find parts for less if you spend some time searching or buying ebay Chinese parts.

I would say don't expect to get more than $2,500 in the current condition.

You should repair yourself and then sell

#30 ·
Let me worry about that LOL and not to be a dick but your quotes are all wrong. Thanks for the input though because I really do appreciate it.

I'm probably wrong, but as soon as I read hot wire, and no key my mind instantly jumps to stolen..... despite it having a salvaged title. something fishy for sure..... I wouldn't be surprised if that keeps people from being willing to pay more for it. It would to me...
Yea I should have worded it better and/or swapped the ignition. It has a title in hand I would never deal with anything shady. I am not that guy.

search shows this was a salvage bike from georgia:

2008 Honda Cbr1000Rr Cert Of Title-Salvage Title Motorcycle for sale in Savannah, GA at Copart Auto Auction lot 24423753

which never came with keys. Looks like a salvage resale.
:thumbsup: and I rather sell it then make it a fakesol.....

#32 ·
Oh stop raining on my parade I am just trying to add to my collection!

Bikes currently owned

2-2008 Yamaha R6
2.5- 2008-2009 Honda CBR 600RR
2- Ducati 848's 09 and 08
1- Ducati Monster S2R800 in pieces waiting for powder and other tid bits
1- Ducati Hypermotard 796 2010 almost finished for this Mexico trip
2- Vespa's that I want to sell

I have more lying around that I am forgetting.....

By far my two favorite bikes were my 2011 848 EVO and 2006 Yamaha R6 with all the track goodies including full ohlins.

Maybe I should keep this 1000rr and track it and get a repsol for the street??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.