Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

2013 1KRR..... What Are You Guys Paying OTD?

12K views 118 replies 25 participants last post by  NyteStalk3r 
#1 ·
What are you guys getting for a drive out price on a 2013 1KRR? The Blue/White/Red one has struck my fancy but it's been a few years since I've bought a new bike and don't know how desperate the dealers are to unload these things.

#2 ·
Dealers usually knock money off last-years leftovers. Good time to try and deal.
If the 14's are hitting the showrooms, time to deal on the 13's.

The 2013 1kRR is a thing of beauty.

Contact Honda of Chattanooga for a price quote. Use that as ammunition.
Those dudes usually have the best prices in the nation.
If I lived anywhere near them... I would have bought my bike from them.
They were doing $11k OTD on the leftover 2012 models.

You will probably be somewhere around $12k OTD. Go to a Honda Powerhouse if there is one anywhere near you.
( Your best bet for a decent deal. )

Good luck.

#5 ·
So $12K out-the-door on a '12 is a decent deal? How about a '13, another $1000?

#4 ·
That's $9999 plus tax title and license, so maybe $11,200 out-the-door?

#6 ·
These guys are right down the road, no deals on '13 yet but they have plenty of leftover '12 in the red and black.

Honda 2012 CBR®1000RR

Out The Door Price $12130.63

Reactions: Repsol69
#7 ·
You said you wanted the white/red/blue 2013.
So work on a deal for one of those bikes. It might be a little early for the deals on the 2013's yet.

$13k for a 2013 OTD is not really a good deal. $12k would be a decent deal.
( It all depends on how soon you want it, and how bad you want it. )

When you see the price at $9999, you know TTL and fees will be on top of it.
( Which can be as much as $2k more )

Take $11k in CASH and drop it on the sales managers desk.
If he hesitates.... pick it up and walk out.

:D

#8 ·
Hehe, cash talks don't it....something's never change!

#21 ·
I paid 14k OTD on a brand spanky 14' before tax, title, license, shipping and handling, etc. I think I was right around 12,500-12,700. I would say 11.5-12.5 would be a good offer.
That doesn't even make sense. You say 14k otd before tax, title etc. than some other price? I'm confused.

Also just my opinion - sometimes people confuse otd, some people include all tax, title and other fees, some people consider that the price before all the extras. Best I have found in the NY metro area for a '13 is 11,8 PLUS tax, title, etc. Comparing otd across different locations never made much sense to me seeing how sales tax differs across areas. I've seen some people list some seemingly erroneous prices in what I suspect is an effort to measure dick size. Again just my opinion.

#11 ·
when i purchased my R1, back in the days. i googled dealer invoice. found a place offering them for cheap. went to my dealer and had them match it. brand new bike for 10,100 otd.

i got a killer dear on my 2012 1krr, $7200 OTD brand new. got it a year ago. but that was a weird situation.

#13 ·
guy goes in to local honda dealership. buys my bike. went home to grab something. on his way back. he got ran over pulling into the dealership.

guy got settlement, paid everything off. ends up saying f this bike and riding. just get rid of it fast. my manager buddy at the dealership calls me, says brand new $7200, i say ill be there with cash by the end of the day....

long story very short... lol

#19 ·
Ran into a guy the other day at my gym that said he paid $9200 OTD from DFW Honda for a brand new Red 2012 1000RR. That means a sale price of roughly $7800 for the bike before adding in TT&L.

I guess anything is possible but I don't think they're letting '12s go that cheap, maybe I'm wrong, don't want to leave anything on the table though, that's why I'm asking what you guys are paying.

My thoughts were to offer DFW Honda $12K cash for the 2013 model in the Red/White/Blue I like, wouldn't be stealing it at that price though.

#28 ·
I've seen some people list some seemingly erroneous prices in what I suspect is an effort to measure dick size.
Yea, I never understood that, like we're supposed to be impressed because they got the same bike cheaper than we did?

I think the guys who've responded to this thread have all been honest, the prices they paid seem reasonable. I'm pretty sure the guy that told me he bought a 2012 1KRR for $9200 OTD was either pulling my pud or forgot about the bike he traded in on the deal.

#31 ·
I'm surprised there are still brand new 2012 HRC color 1kRR's out there.
When I was looking for mine, many months ago, there was only 3 of them in a 600 mile radius from me.
That radius included 6 major cities.

I figured they would ALL be GONE by now.
There was no more available in the system. The 2013's were already out by then.

Interesting.

#35 ·
Lol, ok when I get out of school I'll dig up my invoice of the deal..

#36 ·
Lol I'd appreciate that. I hate to come off like I'm calling you a liar because I don't mean any disrespect, but I've spoken to several of these dealerships people talk about and the pricing is nowhere near what they are claiming. Chattanooga included - they're asking 12k plus tax, etc. for a 12! So hopefully you can understand my skepticism

#37 ·
Oh and no, the 2013 wasn't out when I bought my 2012.. Or I would have bought it.
Good, I found my invoice from my purchase.. At the time of purchase it was either $800 back off the bikes cost instantly or low financing rate. I was originally going to finance but decided against it and paid in full with check/cash. My sales rep along with myself forgot about the above info on my last minute change of heart and I paid for the bike. Few weeks later (4/12/12) I get a letter from Honda with a check stating that since I didn't take the original finance offer, they were supposed to give me the $800 off instantly.

$13066.00 was what I paid that day and within a few weeks or so I received my $800 check they owed me and my price came out to $12,266. And actually they charged me for a new plate when I was transferring one so I got money back for that too. So maybe you can believe me now. Its all good, I don't take offense to that kind of stuff. If I didn't score the deal I did when I first got it I wouldn't probably believe it either without proof. Believe me, when they were still new people were paying WAY more than what I did.

#38 ·
Now that all makes sense. Great deal on a new bike, plus that $800 check later on is great from them. That must have been a nice bonus haha. This is why I hate these "out the door" discussions. You can never account for the varying sales tax or the rebate at that time.

Better you got the 12 anyway I hate the hrc scheme on the 13 haha

#39 ·
Yeah man, I love my 2012.. I do love the 2013 HRC color BUT I do not like silver frame/swingarm for my personal tastes.. Another reason I never bought a REPSOL.. I guess I should have originally said there was a bonus and thats why mine was cheaper. My current dealer that sold me the bike sells 2013s for $12,400 before TTT.

#43 ·
Some of the better dealers were doing $9999 plus TTL OTD on the leftover 2012 models because there was $1,400 in Honda BONUS BUCKS promo going on at the time.
The dealer retained all incentives, which means they kept the bonus bucks, waived their fees, and got you out the door for $11k.
I heard Chattanooga was doing this, along with other Powerhouse dealers who had some in-stock on their showroom floors.

$11k OTD was the cheapest I heard of, which included TTL.
Some people were claiming to get them for even less, but that was only because they didn't pay the TAX on it, until they went to register it at their DMV.
Which means, after they did pay the tax, they were back up to the price others were paying.

It's a tricky game. Lots of rumors out there.

Right now, I'm hearing $12k OTD for a 2012.... and $13k OTD for a 2013.
Depends on the dealer, and your area. ( And your states tax rate! )

#45 ·
Jag, time to do a comparo between your BMW S1000RR and your CBR1000RR no holds barred, the good, the bad and the ugly!

#50 ·
Yes I can do that but there are a few folks around here that really wouldn't care to hear it. I have praised the Fireblade profusely but say a good word about the BMW and narrow minded folks like the night stalker immediately feel threatened;) I think he still believes he found something very rare in his 12 tri color and needs to convince himself in every post how lucky he is to own one:)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#47 ·
Thanks for that tidbit, I may be holding off anyway as I just heard an ugly rumour the new ones may still be burning oil. If the rumours true, they'd have to give it to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.