Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Fireblade SP

37K views 308 replies 55 participants last post by  -Loung-GearBike- 
#1 ·
Looking forward to taking delivery of my new CBR1000RR SP next week.
Has anyone already taken delivery of one?

#6 ·
yes i did few km
but last week , good weather here , bike was away
last week end i went with my sc57 (cause new tires)

cannot say really much
seat is a bit stiff
drive position is racetrack oriented
noisy on intake over 4000 (more than "old" versions)
not noisy exhaust :(

#47 ·
We call that Hatin'. And people usually do that cause they are jealous that they aren't gettin one. In fact, if u pay attention to the SuperDicks comments, you'll see that he always HATES'. That being said, only a fucking idiot wouldn't choose an Sp over the standard model. Me, I can't wait to get a hold of one. Mainly cause I kno what the benefits of those upgrades can mean on a track. It's those wawa queer's tht think those upgrades won't amount to much on the streets. Which is true, u can't appreciate a full ohlins set up at 55mph. Or a blueprinted engine with three more horse power over a stock set up. But those that know how to optimize what's already there kno that u can see more gains on a Sp with simple mods than that of the stock set up.

#49 ·
My dealer asked for $1000. You can ask all you want....

I gave him a $500 deposit and mine is scheduled to be on the truck April 11th for delivery within 10 days of that.

Should be riding by the 3rd week of April, but with snow still on the ground, who knows. lol

#53 ·
Nice... but that's a whole lot of money and I'm not sure that would be the best bike to own after riding a '12. I think you'd have more fun with the SP, Honda just has a refined feel that BMW can't quite match. But that's just my opinion.:popcorn2:

#55 ·
I fouind this badboy for sale locally, bike is loaded with over $10,000 in aftermarket goodies, Marchesinis, Galfers, Ohlins front and rear, Akrapovic Evo, Powercommander , braided steel brake lines and the list goes on. It's an '07 but I bet that is one sweet ride for waaaaay less than the BMW or the SP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.