Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

I'm such a criminal

3K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  hayabusa2014407 
#1 ·
Haven't seen one yet, figured it would be fun and interesting.

Post up a summary of your tickets and accidents (both car and bike). Try and keep details to a minimum. Would be interesting to compare to others.

I'll start:

Licensed Driver for 16 years, Motorcycle for 9.

Speeding - Car - (70 in a 45, first ticket, speeding to check on grandma)
Seat Belt - Car - (delivering pizza)
Seat Belt - Car - (just forgot)
Parking - Car - (camp site, tire on the line)
Speeding - Car - (home on leave from USMC, was in my Dress Blues)
Fix it - Bike - (no mirrors, thanks to first accident, hadn't had a chance to replace yet)
Unsafe Lane change - bike - (wrote me and my buddy for same thing)
Passing on Right - bike - (didn't see the cop parked on the other side of street:moon:, passing a car slowing for a speed bump)
fix it - bike - ("dirty plate"....+ lecture for someone else's actions)
speeding - bike - (106 in 70, worst ticket, long straight two lanes, no cars)
crossing double yellow - bike - (fought in court cause I really didn't, cop assumed, I won)
speeding - bike - (prima facia, 45 in a 65, but 'safe' speed was 15....:th_down:)
speeding - car - (just wasn't paying attention, long straight road, no traffic)
parking - bike - (last day of serving 2 weeks on a jury) parked in same spot every day
speeding + unsafe pass - bike - (96 in 65, me being impatient in HOV)
speeding - bike - (38 - 25, didn't know it was a 25.)

Accidents:

99' Hit while not moving by some girl - car - their fault

05' wide in a turn dumped on dirt shoulder - (1st bike) - minimal, rode home,

05' low side - (1st bike) - low speed, cold tire, rode to work

08' Run over slowly by Semi at red light - (2nd bike) - his fault, scars and crush injury to left calf and foot.

08' Coronado bridge - (end of 2nd bike) - rear slipped on on-ramp, hit wall at 70, no idea why. Broken femur, + lots of road rash

'13 freeway - (7th bike) - ran off the road by another driver, hit me when he changed lanes suddenly, kept the bike up, just a bent bar end and frame slider.

I have only totaled one bike my self, another was stolen, I sold the rest, have two currently (250 and 1000).

I deserved every ticket I got except two, the double yellow that I beat in court; and the prima facia 45 in a 65 when 'safe' speed 15, that was one was BS.

Well, I survived all the dumb ass shit I did when I first started riding, 7 bikes later and I still commute via motorcycle daily. I have toned it way down.

so...anyone else have the courage to bare all your mistakes :popcorn2:

See less See more
Reactions: GligorovDimce
#4 ·
About 13 driving without registration tickets from age 17-21

When I found out I was graduating high school did a bunch of burn outs and e break 180's. That got me Reckless driving, wrong way down a one way, speeding, I forget what they call burning tire.

Countless speeding tickets

80 on the on ramp to the highway then shot to the left lane. Cost me $550

Somehow they always ad "laned roadway" to my violations.

FU#CK the police!!!!

#19 ·
How do you guys still have licenses? In PA they give points for everything and you only get 6 before it's the shoe leather express...forever...lol
Points are different in each state AND they're unrelated to how each insurance company does it.

In SC for example, 12 points and you lose your license... BUT points for a ticket are cut in half after 1 year, and gone in 2.

So if you got a 6pt ticket (the highest point. anything greater is a revoke) it would be 6pts starting on the conviction date... but a year after the conviction date 3. then gone.

So its really easy to play. First, try to get it dropped outside of court. Then using the "good ol' boy system"... then if needed always go to court. have charges changed. have things lowered.. etc.
if needed, extend court dates so the convicted dates do not overlap.. etc.

Basically, if you're willing to pay the "tax" on speeding... speed all you want, work the system as needed.

#6 · (Edited)
two cars, two bikes. I have a beater rav4 for track day hauling and home depot/dog runs.

I have radar detectors and laser jammers on all but the rav4.

I usually only get in trouble by butt fucking officers on the freeway. just happened again on my morning commute, ran into a county sheriff (navy blue not a black and white), and had to slow down.

I have not had an accident car or bike. only been riding for yrs, cars, gosh more than 15 yrs since any type of accident.

Oh wait, I did low side 1 yr ago, spaced out in a decreasing radius turn in the twisties... user error.

I only get pulled over for speeding. from June 2012 to June 2013, got pulled over 10 times, car and bike for speeding. let off with warnings each time. whew!

#12 ·
NOT what you boyz think, lol. within those 10 times, I've been pulled over by sheriffs, CHP and undercover ocifers.

male and female. I read ppl well. and I have a few friends that are LEOs. there were a couple of times, I thought FOR sure I was getting a ticket (radar). but I didn't. both times the officer said that b/c I was honest about my speed, he was letting me off with a warning. and a butt long speech about how they are the ones that scrape me off the pavement when I go boom.

#14 ·
Wow. I can't imagine having a driving record like some of you posted. But then again, I absolutely hate giving my money away to the gov't for no other reason than not being able to stay close to the posted speed limit.

So, either you guys are mega rich, and have money just lying around. Or you just don't mind letting your hard earned dollars go bye bye to Uncle Sam.

#25 ·
When I was much younger I used to say that tickets were my "road tax" to allow me to drive how I wanted to!

yeah, ive had a bunch, from ridiculous infractions such as no front license plate, rear plate light out, tinted windows blah blah blah

then there is the slow and go stop signs and such

then the mountains of speedings and all that

and accidents? only one slow speed in a car that I had no fault in.

never operated while intoxicated or caused an accident.

I have thrown away thousands and thousands on road tax when I was younger. and have never been well off financially by any means. just had to struggle to get them paid and move on.

I had a boss one time ask me why I drove so fast. my young cocky self said "the world is my racetrack and I don't like being beat"

his response? the only race you are winning is the race to the court house! HAHA love that guy!! sure taught me a thing or two!

then years ago I decided to grow up and stop being an ass hat on the road! now people say I drive like a grandpa!

#15 ·
Wow. I guess I'm a slow poke.
24 yrs on the road, car and moto licence. Pulled over 3 times on bike 4 times in my car. Only one ticket for 79 in a 65. Most were for stupid shit, like plate light out.

One of those times a buddy and I had swapped bikes and we were doing roll ons from 45-130ish on a long straight road. There was a sheriff 7 or 8 cars back maybe a 3/4's of a mile back. My buddy and I stopped in a church parking lot to swap bikes again, and 30 seconds later the sherriff pulled in behind us. Never got us on radar, so a warning is all we got. He thanked us for pulling ourselves over lol.

Sent from the Dagoba system

#18 ·
All my stuff is with cars... Cell phone, no lights at night, checkpoint stops then hit for tinted windows....most thrown out in court or pay it off if I can't get time to fight it. A lot of getting pulled over... I'm from New York City so if you have a half decent looking car and you're black or Hispanic, just keep your paperwork out... You're gonna get pulled over.
Nothing on the bike......I just keep it moving.

#22 ·
23 years of driving.
21 years of riding.

Back in the 20th century
1 license out of class ticket (just had my MC permit)
1 speeding ticket (car), 70 in a 55 driving home from the airport.
2 accidents (car), one cute girl crashed into me and one old ugly one lady crashed into me.

In modern times
1 low side back in the Bush era.

#26 ·
reckless driving
reckless driving
reckless driving
reckless driving
driving on revoked
driving on revoked
driving under influence
driving under influence
fleeing and eluding
careless driving
careless driving
too fast for conditions
numerous speeding tickets probably 20
stop sign
stop sign
several impounds (bikes and cars) and several jail stays (max 3 days penalty)
untold thousands of dollars in fines and lawyer fees
no accidents except the too fast for conditions car in ditch.
all those listed probably did each 100x and didn't get caught.
i don't recommend doing this. :th_salute:

#30 ·
The last time I counted I had a career total of 51 motor vehicle points. No idea how many tickets, but at an average of 3 points each that's 17. Which doesn't count all the incidents knocked down to no point offenses or dismissed due to either luck or clever playing of the system. I'm 34 now and I think I have 13 points still, they drop off at 3 per year. I haven't had a moving violation in probably 4 or 5 years which I attribute to daily driving a big slow Jeep and finally learning how and when to bend the rules on the road. I don't recommend it really, I've spent a small fortune in fines and fees, lost my license numerous times, been arrested, impounded, and spent a day in county. I have some cool stories though so...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.