Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Going back to stock. Maybe!!!

3K views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  GligorovDimce 
#1 ·
Thinking of going back to stock, exhaust with O2,air filter, remove the bazzaz.
Just curious, because i have done the pair mod, is that gona be problem if i am putting the O2 sensor back??
I just want to make the bike smoother as possible and quieter.
Cops bother me and turned head and even sometimes they follow me 3-4 miles and waiting a mistake.
So thats my question, because i did the pair mod,with block off plates, will that be a problem for the O2 sensor.
Thank you

#2 ·
This doesn't answer your question but why remove the bazzaz? Smoothness?

I guess they don't make a quiet insert for that muffler?

The flapper mod is another problem because of the induction noise. This is much more likely to be a problem than the air filter. If the concern is the smoothness of the engine, I doubt the air filter is much of an influence.

I understand your concern. I ride with my brother at times and he is always muttering about the noise generated by this GSX-R1000 with its Micron muffler. He doesn't like the possible attention.

I've considered getting a slip-on due to the weight it saves but my question would be which is the quietest?

#9 ·
just take the stock exhaust, and disconnect the flapper. (or remove it)

its very quiet, with just enough noise for the rider to hear it.... like a fullsize aftermarket with a EU spec baffle in it.

I went 70,000+ miles like that without ever feeling like it caused too much attention.
Soon as I put my Yoshi on..... I got "attention" everywhere...

#17 ·
If you're looking for quiet removing the flapper is not going to help. I have an '08 and the flap is opened by the ECU at 4000 RPM. Leaving and returning to the neighborhood or going past someone who cares I can usually upshift enough to close the flap. That "advantage" ends at 60MPH when you hit 4000 RPM in top gear.

The flaps in the intake are there for the same reason as the flap on the exhaust. There is plenty of noise generated by the motor on the intake side. Maybe not at idle with the throttle plates closed but....

I'm not suggesting anything, to each his own. I have considered making changes many times and haven't done it yet. This isn't because I think there is anything wrong with the modifications.

#33 ·
i found that without the flapper mod my bike wasn't smooth at all...it was so bad that when i took it for its first ride i thought there was something wrong with it..my 99 R1 was way more smoother. After the mod - sweet. The sound level is just right and i have no problems with the cops..when they see the stock exhaust they think its all legal but if they see the slip on then they start to get a hard on.

I'm always checking my mirrors for cops and soon as i suspect they are following me i just pull over for a fake stop. If they stop behind me then i walk right up to them and say "Hey guys whats up"....it puts them on the back foot every time. You can do that in Aus but it might not work in the US - u might get shot!http://www.1000rr.net/forums/images/smilies/shoot.gif.pagespeed.ce.VACesnQMgD.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.