Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Race fairing on 2012/2014

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Schultz 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm going to install race fairings on my 2013 RR.
I've removed tank and tail covers, lower and side fairings.
Now I have to remove the undertail and the front/upper cowl...
Has anyone some suggestions about how/what to remove considering I will let the OEM intakes?
On the web I found some videos showing upper cowl complete removal but they switch off also some connectios and I think this way the bike won't run...
Thank you in advance

Matteo

#3 ·
If it's gonna be strictly race. Remove all the lights. Just leave subharness as is. Make sure you keep bank sensor. Tuck everything in nice and call it good.

If you are real serious about racing then remove all controls expect ones needed for track. To include ignition and key locks. Could prob save some decent weight. I'd strip the subframe as well

Which fairings did you choose?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
Hi, thank you so much!
My advice is to use my bike both on track and on the road, so I wouldn't remove "road controls".
I bought fairings at Street Fighters, an Italian dealer.
When you talk about "all the lights" you mean to remove all the upper cowl whit headlights, leaving only the subharness and the dashboard?
Do you know which are the connections I must/can switch off and which are the ones I must let connected to avoid issues?
Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad English...
This is my bike now and than I'll attach one pic of a bike with my fairings installed

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot.
Now the bike is this way except for oem air ducts that I've removed for the racing ones. Tonigh I will work on the tail, remove rear foot pegs, give a little of order on the front cables, make a support for the bank angle sensor and install race fairings hoping the bike will switch on and run!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.