Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Well guys she is sold.

4K views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  Loveriding 
#1 ·
It's a bittersweet day guys. Bike is gone to make way for a different bike more suited to my current needs. I absolutely love my Hondas and I will be getting another 1000RR in the near future. But with more track riding coming up I have chosen to step down from the liter bike scene to get into a 800cc bike.

I'm sad to see the 1000 go but it will be replaced by a new 2014 MV Agusta F3 800.

I'll keep you guys posted when I pick her up tomorrow.

#5 ·
message me how much you paid for the F3 800? I've seriously thought of making the leap myself to the F3 800 or an 899. I had a '11 gsxr750 before so i don't think i'd go back to that if I left the liter bike game

#7 ·
it sold! well I hope you are happy with your decision. If your heart is set on the MV, then go for it. You never see those bikes anywhere. But you should give the 899 Panigale a look if your mind isnt set on the MV. My next bike will definitely be a 800cc bike as well.

#11 ·
I rode the new 899 pani and for the price the braking and performance really wasn't there like it was on the MV. It's a great bike as well. But after comparing the two all in the same day I went with the MV.

#14 ·
It's all about rider preference I would say. I'm 6'2 and the MV was a little smaller to me but I like the body position on it and the ergos. Also one of the other major selling points on the MV was the minimalist look and simplicity at which it can be worked on. I've rebuilt a 2013 F3 675 as well and removing all suspension from it and you couldn't ask for a more compliant design to work on.

#17 ·
Mv 800

Question?
Did you buy two bikes? I wanna be ballin like you. lol..
I like most of us out here rely on the reviews to make most of our pre-ride decisions about what we like about bikes and what not.
The review on the Mv was that the electronics while improved are still not as well sorted as the Duc or other segment bikes. What is your take on this as well as the friendliness of the user interface?
I personally rode and loved the 899,however its underseat exhaust still bakes your balls like the 1199,any issues with the MV?
The handle bars on the 899 are a bit wide like the 1199 and the 848 before it,you are like 6'2,i would think those cramped ergos on the MV would be back and wrist killing,or no?

#15 ·
Gorgeous motorcycle. Truly jealous.
I would've gone with the F3 800 over the 899 as well. And I am a Ducati man.

I hear they really sorted out the F3's electronic glitches and she runs really well now.

#18 ·
sorry for the long time between this reply. As it stands now I have about 3k on the bike and 5 track days. The bikes are a dream, we ended up picking up another 675 in white last weekend and just finished breaking it in before Putnam park and Barber this month. I'm running the 800 pretty much stock only difference is I swapped out the brake master for a Brembo 19 RCS, softer grips, added lever guards for running in advanced class, taller windscreen, and race tires (Michelin Power Cups).

Attachments

#27 ·
I have a few friend that have spent a lot of money on Ducs and MV's . You know what they have all sold them and have either gone with a HONDA or BMW. Sure they look sexy but suck for everyday riding . I keep my HONDA and love it all day lone . Always had a Honda always will.

#40 ·
I looked at the F4RR and thought about buying one to race but after riding that bike I quickly realized I'm not that caliber of rider. Sure the times I put up at tracks are good enough for 1st and second in WERA novice but I have no need or want for 200.8hp bike for track use. All the suspension controlled electrically is nice but like I said it's not a street bike in any fashion. We bring one in our group to every event which is fully setup and running on VP gas and you can see Jesus on it in every damn gear... Auto part Vehicle Machine Metal
Vehicle Red Motor vehicle Automotive design Motorcycle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.