Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

2013 clutch and no lift shifting

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Bevo 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if anyone run into this problem with there 2013 1000rr, but I want to ask is it harder to full throttle shift on the 1000rr?? ( shifting without letting off on the throttle) or once in a while it feel really hard to go from 1st to second?? Reason I'm asking is because I try full throttle shift on this bike and it seem a lot harder to do it, it wouldnt go to the next gear at higher rpm and once in awhile when I try to shift from 1st to 2nd around 30-55 it feel like Its stuck in 1st and would budge

#2 ·
Why are you even trying to shift without at least backing off the throttle like speed shifting ( not the best for your tranny unless done correctly all the time) OR why don't you have a quick shifter installed (better for tranny for speed shifting without backing of the throttle ie racers choice) OR why aren't you using your clutch when shifting? Your tranny probably doesn't like you very much right now and some day it's going to get even.

#3 ·
I second that
Even quick shifters, momentarily cut the engine off (fuel or ignition) to reduce the load on the gears before changing up.
I found the chain slack affects clutchless changes on my bike.

99.99% of times i use the clutch for 1st to 2nd. I guess if you are on a track or doing traffic light GP, then it would be different :)

#4 ·
I second that

Even quick shifters, momentarily cut the engine off (fuel or ignition) to reduce the load on the gears before changing up.

I found the chain slack affects clutchless changes on my bike.

99.99% of times i use the clutch for 1st to 2nd. I guess if you are on a track or doing traffic light GP, then it would be different :)

+1

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#15 ·
#18 ·
when you pull the clutch lever in you can feel a click and i was told is it to do with the slipper clutch.
now also confirmed by bevo

Just remember these are high performance sports bike and not race bikes. if you want to race them regularly, expect things not to last as long though.

good luch with the quick shifter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.