Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Need to temporarily mount a GPS on a 2006 CBR or on my arm.

795 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  misterO 
#1 ·
Looking for a arm band or wrist band that will allow for me to mount a non-wide Garmin Nuvi 205 GPS to my arm.

I have looked and looked all over the Internet for one, but doesn't seem to be out there.

I would like to figure out the percentage of my 2006 CBR speedo off of actual MPH. I have a handlebar mount that worked perfect on my VTX, but there really isn't any room on my CBR bars to temporarily mount it to get the percentage.

I need to get the percentage so I can program my SpeedoDRD.

I have thought about getting some Velcro tape and mounting it directly to my tank on the flat spot, but I really don't like that idea as it would probably be a pain to remove later.

Anyone seen anything like what I described for a wrist band?

Any other ideas for temporarily mounting a GPS on the CBR?

Thanks in advance.

OhioBob

See less See more
#4 ·
I thought about a suction cup, but I don't think my Garmin came with one. Plus, I don't want it falling off while I am attempting to maintain 60 MPH for a couple miles. I guess I want guarantees and I know life don't work that way, but I hate seeing perfectly good working tech equipment breaking when it could have been prevented.

Do you know if a Garmin 205 would fit on that arm band?

#11 ·
is the 600rr tank metal? tank bag, with a plastic clear pocket. otherwise the center stem mount is always good, but you'll have spend $15 on a ram mount.

#13 ·
I know you don't have a suction cup but someone else with the same question who Does have one may read through this for a suggestion. I've had no problems attaching the GPS suction cup mount over the plastic tachometer window on my bike (09 1KRR). Potholes do make me nervous but so far: no troubles. It should work well for a speedo check on a smooth stretch of highway (the digital speed readout is unobscured). Of course, make sure the suction cup and window are well cleaned before attaching.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.