Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Fairingplus vs auctmarts

12K views 76 replies 14 participants last post by  FairingPlusUSA 
#1 ·
Hi guys
So the title says it all. I'm looking for some AM fairings as mine as falling apart. Iv read a lot of threads about auctmarts and some about Fairingplus. From what iv read, I think auctmarts makes a slightly better paint job but fairing plus offers a conversation kit that in my opinion looks badass. So I want to get your opinion before I order a kit!
Thanks a lot! Ride safe.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
Installed auctmarts fairings couple months ago, looks like OEM, install was easy, no melting issues. During shipping one piece got a minor crack, mentioned it to auctmarts and they sent me a pair of fancy levers as a gift. It took me 10min to fix the crack. So my 10y old bike looks like a new again with little effort.

#7 ·
Hey ill try to get you a good pic of my auctmarts but my opinion of them.

They were nice. They were by no means OEM but they got the job done. I had the plastics on for 3 years total (sold the bike). The second summer the plastics started to melt a bit (just behind the top of the throttle side air vent, and a small spot by the pipes) You could not really tell tho. My friends never knew but another honda guy might have be able to point it out.

The plast became very brittle after the three years. The paint still looked great tho. The fit was ok. The rear seat lock cutout was off and never fit right. The small black trim parts at the front never really fit just right (close).

All said and done i was happy with them. I got the color i wanted and it lasted as long as i had hopped it would have. If you plan to keep the bike longer then 2 years then the auctmarts should be a temp fix while you work on gettig oem parts together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.