Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Pit Bull for a 1kRR?

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  TAT2 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I am looking at front and rear Pit Bull stands for my 2006. Want both but probably getting the rear first. What is the better model with spools? The side lever one or the rear lever one?

Secondly, what about a front? Thanks!

T

#2 ·
I've got both the front (modular stand) and rear (rear lever, with spools) and they're easy to work with and stable. It makes doing maintenance really easy and they look cool. They're bomb proof. There are cheaper stands available but I opted for the name.

#4 ·
here are the 2 that you want. the reason i recommend the ss rear is this. if you have the spooled stand and you hit the deck and one of the spools breaks off (happens all the time), how are you going to lift your bike to repair any damage? you cant. get the ss rear stand so no matter what you are taken care of.

links to each product are above each picture.

Super Bike Supply - Your source for sportbike parts and accessories geared for racing and street bikes and their owners. : Pit Bull Hybrid Headlift Stand (F0100-000) - Front Stands

Super Bike Supply - Your source for sportbike parts and accessories geared for racing and street bikes and their owners. : Pit Bull SS Rear Stand (Standard/Spooled) F0028-000 - Rear Stands

#6 ·
Hey thanks for the help guys! I was concerned about balancing the bike from behind on the rear stand. Do you just put it up with your foot or hand?

Brad, as far as options.... Is the removable handle worth it and what is an axle holder and do I want one? Also on the front stand what do they mean by pin size?

Sorry for the stupid questions....Thnks again!

T

#9 ·
the removable handle is nice. allows you to remove the handle and slide the bike almost up against a wall, etc.

the axle holder is just that. when you pull the axle out of the wheel, you can sit the axle on the holder. for whatever reason, if i sit the axle down it always comes back up covered in grit and grime.

each bike has a different pin needed to lift the bike. the 08-14 (non-sp) run the std pin with #1 adapter. 04-07 run the #6 pin.

#7 ·
Many people leave the spools in the swing arm; I don't recommend doing that. In the event of a low side, it's possible that it can damage it as well as the threaded hole in the swing arm. I screw in the spools, stand at the rear of the bike, position the stand to the inside of the left hand spool and begin raising the bike. As you lower the handle of the stand, the bike will start to straighten up. Guide the bike by the tail and line up the right hand spool. Once it's lined up, lift the rest of the way. Easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.