Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Whats a 04 cbr1000 worth?

6K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Jake-n-g-burg 
#1 ·
Hey Guys

I'm very interested in this 04 cbr1000 I found on craigslist.

It has 16600 miles and is very clean with only a small scratch on the tail.
Runs perfect

Has a micron exhaust
Power commander (tuned)
New Bridgestone tires

also has flush signals and smoked screen ect

He is asking $4500?

What is one of these worth in this condition? Whats a fair price?

Thanks I really appreciate the help

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
The plastics shape looks to be the same as my '04. the colors are different on mine and i have all the decals except for the" HONDA" decals on the lower fairings removed. i traded an '07 mazda 3 hatchback that i was asking $6000 for plus a bushmaster AR-15 for my '04 cbr 1000 with 7200 miles on it this past march. so i think $ 4-4500 is fair.

#7 · (Edited)
Mine also has the Micron Full serpent under tail dual exhaust. love the sound! only thing is as far as i can tell Micron Went out of business several years back because of they're crazy expensive "hydro bending" process where the bent they're parts somehow with water pressure. can still track down hardware here and there if you need.

#17 ·
Right that maybe the case, any areas on the frame that could show it's been down?

I went over to a dealer today and sat on a 07 1000rr, I really liked it, it had aftermarket plastics as we'll, that we're pretty burned/melted around the lower headers.

Looking forward to seeing this bike tonight!

#22 ·
Yes night and day!

It's about a 100lbs lighter and has more hp, wants to come up way more than the 1100.

Much more extreme seating position, i'm still getting used to that but I am loving it more and more every time I ride it.
Cant get over how awesome those front breaks work, it's the first time I actually feel like a stoppie could be possible! not that I want to try!

#25 ·
Haha yeah your right! I already have the tender!
Funny you mention that, I took the bike to work today and as I went start her up and leave she turned over a couple times and completely died, didn't even do the clicking thing!

Jumped it from a car and it fired right up, soon as I removed the cables it died, even when revved up. Haha so into the back of a pickup she goes, now at home I removed the battery and am charging it. I'm so hopeing it's just a shot battery, not the RR! Wish I remembered to bring my voltmeter when tested the bike!
Am planning taking the battery to Autozone tomorrow, have them test it.

#27 ·
Jumped it from a car and it fired right up, soon as I removed the cables it died, even when revved up. Haha so into the back of a pickup she goes, now at home I removed the battery and am charging it. I'm so hopeing it's just a shot battery, not the RR! Wish I remembered to bring my voltmeter when tested the bike!
Although the battery may have been bad, if it died when you removed the jumper cables I'd say there's a problem with the charging system, too. It will just be a matter of time before the good battery is drained.

Check the voltage at 2,500 and 5,000 rpm.

Fault Finding Flowchart for Motorcycle Charging Systems

#26 ·
Found the issue was a shot battery, previous owner must have been oblivious or had some knots in his stomach every time I started and stopped the bike at his house.

No big deal though, I removed the battery from my dr650 (same size) and popped it in there and it's charging at 13.9 volts, sweet!

I charged the other battery overnight and put it in the dr, it wouldn't even turn over , it just clicked and died.

#30 ·
with my '04 as is with most 04's i have heard about, my stator and regulator went out. charged the battery to full and after 30 min of riding no display and headlights went out. had a brand new yuasa 10 so just tested the voltage and continuity and found that the stator had burned up and caused the whole thing to short. do the test above and go from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.