Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Crank Recall Help

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  USArmyK9 
#1 ·
I need some help..........

If there's anyone here that's had the crank recall repairs done to their bike, could you possibly send me a link or a video of the whine coming from your bike prior to the repair and the name/location of the Honda shop that you went through?

I'm taking another shot at getting Honda to fix my bike. The Regional Service Manager keeps insisting that if my crank met the recall specifications, that it would make a noticeable knock. Turns out he has only previously approved one crank replacement on an 08+ 1KRR, which had a knock not a whine. Needless to say, I'm convinced that my recall claim has been getting denied on a gross misdiagnosis.

The shop Service Manager has asked me to get some video of another bike and the name of the shop that did the work, so we can pull the service record for the recall work.

Any help is VERY much appreciated.

Here's a video of my bike for shits and gig's:

2008 CBR1000RR Crank Whine - YouTube

See less See more
#3 ·
For the record the shop whom recorded mine, did such to send to Honda. Not for themselves. There was strict criteria as to how to shoot the video, and file size for submitting.

This means Honda has been provided with a video for every recall performed, so your best course of action is to contact Honda North America and go above the shop here.

After making multiple commutes to get the correct video I contacted Honda myself which got the ball rolling in a little bit more productive manner.

#5 ·
When the Regional Service Rep denied my claim last year and again this year, he said that he wasn't going to bother sending up a video as he was convinced the sound didn't meet the criteria and Honda would surely deny it. I'm going to call honda corporate again and see if I can get some help out of them.

Do you happen to have video of your bike pre-repair and could toy tell me the name of the shop you went through?

#8 ·
@USArmyK9 I was suggesting you show the video to the local service rep since he seems to want to hear a knock. I recall that there are before and after videos around. If the noise is similar to yours and they were repaired by Honda I should think he would have to consider this in denying yours.

#9 ·
Trouble is, I've been at work each time he's looked at my bike. The shop service manager showed him some other videos for me. I guess he was less than compelled by them. I'm waiting to hear back from Honda's case manager for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.