Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Coolant Leak Help w/ Pics

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  aieownyu 
#1 ·
So long story short I did a coolant flush going from water/wetter to OEM Honda antifreeze/coolant and after I completed the maintenance I noticed a leak over the next few days. All I did was a standard flush and what I noticed leaking was in no way touched during maintenance whatsoever so the fact that is started leaking is one hell of a coincidence. The only thing I could think of how different fluids would make a leak show up is because of fluid thickness? Is the OEM stuff somehow thinner than the water wetter? Anyways, I attached some pictures and I'm curious if you think the seal is leaking and what this part is actually called. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Awesome thank you. It's a 2006, sorry I forgot to mention that. Is a leaking thermostat seal relatively common? And what is the best way to get at it? I pulled up the tank but access is minimal. It feels I'd have to remove the air box but I was hesitant to start disconnecting plugs and what not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.