Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

STOLEN CBR1000RR

8K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  capt.america 
#1 ·
Vin#JH2SC5903CK400456

STOLEN BIKE. On the morning of January 9th between the hours of 3:15am and 4:15am our Red/Black 2012 Honda CBR 1000RR with New York tags was stolen from our apartment building parking lot on the corner of Spencer Street/Willoughby in the Bed-Stuy/Clinton Hill area of Brooklyn. The 3 thieves forced their way through the enclosed automatic gate and were able to remove the wheel lock. They rolled the bike down Willoughby going towards Nostrand. 1 black male wearing a red coat and camo pants, 1 Hispanic male wearing a black coat, and 1 unknown male either white or Hispanic have been seen on camera carrying out the crime. We are currently checking other cameras in the area as well. Please help us in finding this bike and these low-life criminals that think it is okay to steal. Bike thieves need to be dealt with and this is on the rise in Brooklyn. If you happened to see anything or know of someone who has please let me know and/or call the 79 precinct immediately. Several cars passed by while this was going on. If you have information that leads to the recovery of this bike there will be a cash reward.

If anyone is apart of another forum please spread the word on the east coast regional section of that forum by copy and pasting my post. Thank you all in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Man, I hate to hear about stolen bikes. Thieves should have their hands chopped off. Good luck finding your baby.

#4 ·
Another stolen bike from an "apartment" building?!!! Was is sitting outside ready to be stolen? Why was it not in a garage or locked storage facility? Post up pictures of the thieves at least. Check craigslist for the part-out.

This is why our insurance rates are so steep.

#7 ·
Im sure he had a sign on it saying steal me. If he had a garage im sure he would of put it in there. As for storage unit, maybe its too far, too expensive etc. Lets get to the facts, it was stolen. You can have a bike in a garage and locked with security cameras all over the place and still be stolen. If they want it they will get it

Reactions: ICE RACER
#5 ·
Sorry to hear....I'm from Manhattan....I know the feeling. Had an R6 stolen from my apartment complex the one and only time I parked it outside. Since then I always park it indoors. Yeah it costs 200 bucks a month here, but that's the price you pay to ride here. It's true....you can't have shit here. I drive a Jaguar that I park outside....just had to buy a new hood ornament and the little center caps on the wheels. It is what it is....sorry to hear.

#6 ·
Cobalt, some people just don't have storage areas like that. It is not their fault nor our business as to why that is. There are a million reasons why that could be. And if you pull the "why get a bike then", well he obviously was willing to take the risk for something he enjoys to do. I'm sure he didn't buy that bike with the thought that "one day I hope someone takes it".

The fact of the matter here is that it was gated and had a wheel lock and it was stolen. Your comments do not change or help that situation.

Out.

#9 ·
Professional thieves come prepared.
They scoped it out in advance. They knew exactly what tools to bring, and what they needed to do.
They knew exactly how much time it would take. They brought a lookout. They also might have been armed in case of a confrontation.

Would be cool to sit about 100 yards away with a bolt action sniper rifle and just pick them off.
But unfortunately, we live in a society that doesn't allow people to protect their property.
They expect insurance policies to handle everything after the fact.
Not everyone has that type of coverage on their policy, and insurance companies never pay you enough to get a new bike.
This is what "gap" is.
Bikes are high risk for theft. Can't do enough to keep them safe.
Apartment complexes are prime hunting grounds for bike thieves.
If I were in charge of the local police department, I would set up sting operations at local apartment complex hot-spots.
I would set out bait bikes, and lure them in! Just like fishing. Grand theft felony charges, 10 year prison sentences.
Round `em all up, and say BUH BYE thieves! Time to bend over in the prison showers!
Prison is too good for them. Personally, I prefer the sniper rifle.

#13 ·
call it like you see it, I always do

#12 ·
Clearly I'm not going to start a argument over a forum. Please, if you can't reply with a positive comment or helpful advice then keep it to yourself. I simply wanted to spread the word and hopefully get a clue to help with the recovery of my motorcycle.
Thank you all for the support

#14 ·
Had full coverage from a good insurance company? Do like I did when they took my R6...get them 10 stacks (or 12, 14, whatever) and get a new bike. I'm not trying to be a d*ck like that other dude, I'm talking purely from experience. I'm from Manhattan and I know your hood, and I also know the 7-9....I wouldn't count on them too much to be honest. They're pretty busy, plus with the police slow down and the 2 cops getting murdered out there doesn't make your bike a priority, I'm afraid.
As far as the thieves....well, I had 2 Kryptonite locks and I had my minivan pushed up against it and all that was left was parts of both the chains from the locks....in my case I'm sure it was people that knew me or of me, as I worked at a motorcycle shop in Queens that had all types of riders come through...
Insurance is the best bet, but if not, honestly, it's gonna be tough. Problem is, as you know, the VIN is only on the frame and the motor...the rest could be any body's....maybe you'll get lucky and someone might know something and respond to the reward if anything. People call me stupid for paying to store my bike but honestly, it's the only way to keep your stuff in this shit hole full of low lifes that want to take what's not theirs. I wish you luck and I hope you find these pieces of shit and cut their hands off....good luck man...so sorry...I know that horrible feeling.

#16 ·
Garage means little. It is sad that anything has to be locked.

Can one imagine the low self worth though, of these cowards that "try to walk on the broad shoulders of hard working people...."

But like an older gentalman told me once, "if we take a dime that does not belong to us, it will cost us a hundred dollars before our life is over...." Stuff happens.

#18 ·
I hope you get the motorcycle back. There's no worse feeling of violation than when your property gets stole; shit sucks.

Hopefully you have good insurance coverage as to not be a complete loss.

Don't pay attention to the nonsense comments that were posted earlier. I bet you if their stuff was taking, they would feel very differently.

Good luck.

#20 ·
yea that sucks man.... i know how ya feel..... happened to me before... was a beautiful bike... you don't want the bike back after they got a hold of it... i would just move forward and start thinkin about what kind of new bike you are going to get.... be on the lookout for a red jacket and camo pants, oh can you imagine.....

#22 ·
Sorry man.
I had a car stolen from a locked lot. 3 moths later some custom made parts showed up, and the guy indicated who he bought them from... long story short, it was friends of the towing company that planned the whole thing. What was really bad was the inside person they had at the police station who altered documents to prevent the towing people from going to jail (the refiled documents after-the-fact, stating the car was legally towed as a stripped and abandoned vehicle, and that the owner notifications must have been lost in the mail... and that when I reported the car stolen, the towing paperwork must have been 'misplaced' - only to be discovered 3 months later when I found a witness stating the tow truck driver was the guy that sold him the parts!

Of course, this was before computer filings of towing and crime activity...

Based on my experience... you migt not really want back what they have dismantled.

#29 ·
this sucks to hear.. I hope you get her back!

#30 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear dude, been there n I had to learn the hard way n after having 2 RRs stolen one after another that you can't leave a bike in the open chained or not, nothing's stops them. I hated it when some of the guys here said forget about it n that it's gone, but I never found any of my 2 bikes :-/ lesson learned for me n since there is no garages to rent at my apt, she lives inside with me :)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.