Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Steep gravel driveway tips

3K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  cdaus_4 
#1 ·
So I gently laid down my beautiful CBR1000RR and slightly scratched up my crankcase and broke off a peg ... #%$#*$^ #@?& @#$

I have a steep, gravel, driveway with a few twists....

...there must be tips and tricks out there that guys have pulled off to get traction.

Besides concreting etc what tricks do you reckon would work stop slipping??

:sad010:

#6 ·
That sucks man. When my friend and I went to Deals Gap last summer the cabin we rented had a steep gravel drive and wouldn't you know it. My friend on his brand new Panigale dropped it right when he got to the top. He was pissed.
Can you make some "single track" where you move the gravel out of the way and just ride on dirt?

#7 ·
Hubbie made me ride a "sandy road" while learning for my exam. Sandy road was about 600 meters long. Sandy road was actually: a dirt road with up to 15 inches of loose white sand. Great learning moment! Learns you a lot about front- and rear brakes.

My driveway has pebbles. The only thing we fight about is who has to rake the pebbles. And as hubbie is the more aggressive rider, he usually has to....

#11 ·
I have a steep, gravel, driveway with a few twists....

...there must be tips and tricks out there that guys have pulled off to get traction.
Yeah, buy an adventure bike with proper tires.

How long is this driveway? Going up, momentum is your friend. Coming down, not so much. Rear brake coming down going slowly.

But seriously, it the driveway at my home was a challenge every time I rode, I'd probably leave the bike somewhere else or pick a different kind of bike that's at home there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.