Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

When will Honda change their front fairing and head lights to Audi Style LED?

6K views 48 replies 19 participants last post by  Showtime DRA 
#1 ·
It is almost time for me to upgrade my wife's 2013 Honda CBR600RR to a 2016 Honda CBR1000RR but she doesn't like the front fairing and head lights - she said it's too old school for her.

She wants the Kawasaki zx10r but I dont want to spend $4000 more on a Kawasaki their quality is crap and the way they assembled their bike it is hard to work on.

Does anyone know when will Honda change the front fairing design as well as the 1980 head lights to a modern 2015 Audi style LED head lights?

#4 ·
Does anyone know when will Honda change the front fairing design as well as the 1980 head lights to a modern 2015 Audi style LED head lights?
If you want something right away, the 2015 Yamaha R1 might be more what you're looking for. Otherwise, stay tuned to this channel and see what Honda has up their sleeve for the 2016 model year.

#8 ·
I suck with tools if i buy those head lights I will need someone to make videos on how to undo the fairings and assemble those ligths but since they dont ship those lights for fully assembled with plug and play I am going to have to pay a mechanic who's going to rip me off to assemble those lights for me :(

I have sent those guys emails they have never even bothered to reply I would have bought those lights for her Honda ages ago.

We are going to wait to see if Honda will bring in traction controls and ride modes plus abs as standard features if not we are going to leave this ancient bike behind and have to pay that green zx10r that she had always wanted from the very first time.

That Yami is really nice but too expensive :( I cant afford to buy that for her.

#11 ·
She wants the Kawasaki zx10r but I dont want to spend $4000 more on a Kawasaki their quality is crap and the way they assembled their bike it is hard to work on.
Crap quality? I beg to differ. I went from an 08 cbr1k to a 15' zx10r

Never looked back. They handle the same but the 10R is way faster. Just as reliable as the honda. Hell I had to get the crank shaft replaced and had to worry about the oil burn issue with the honda, but I still loved it. The 10R is a great bike and if you owned one you'd see why :th_salute:

#12 ·
Crap quality? I beg to differ. I went from an 08 cbr1k to a 15' zx10r

Never looked back. They handle the same but the 10R is way faster. Just as reliable as the honda. Hell I had to get the crank shaft replaced and had to worry about the oil burn issue with the honda, but I still loved it. The 10R is a great bike and if you owned one you'd see why :th_salute:

Lol, but they are still ugly as shit - 14 and back, IMO.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#22 ·
:stirpot: I'm with Nyte and love my 12' CBR. And I do think that Honda will do something but I think they are so cautious they may be waiting for everyone to be out with a new bike (i.e. Suzuki), see what works and what everyone wants. Then hopefully deliver a killer bike. But I could be wrong too. Honda is a conservative company it seems.
The CBR is awesome and I gotta say after owning each Jap bike and riding Italian and British bikes that you can't go wrong. All have ups and downs. I hate to say this but now that I am older and have to keep my license for my job I can't go riding like a manic like I did when I was younger and run from the cops for fun. All liter bikes are wayyyyyy over kill for the streets, hell even 600's are too. Who knows I may have to track this bike and ride my WR250X on the streets so I can keep my license and job.

Aside from all that, the new R1 is amazing along with most new bikes. I liked my old Kawi but never really liked the styling of them ever. BMW doesn't do much for me either. Ducati, Yami, Aprillia and Honda are my favorites and probably in that order as far as aesthetics.

#27 ·
Whats wrong with how the Honda looks? I have an 08 cbr1000rr with 24000 miles and I still like how it looks. I was contemplating a new bike also. Had my eyes on a Ducati Panigale(Sexiest looking thing on two wheels, imho) but reality set in and I toyed at different ideas to change the look on my bike so that I would lose interest in a new bike and rekindle the fire that this bike once brought me. So I recently spent some coin and changed the look. It's almost like a new bike again. I mean, when it comes down to it, all the specs that you see, and track times are not even worth mentioning. Not everyone takes their bike to the track and races it. Those few tenths of a second between the Japanese bikes, then the second or three gained with European bikes at the track are hardly noticeable on the street.

I've re-geared my bike, did a full exhaust, power commander, filter, plugs and suspension rebuild. There are very few stock bikes that can keep up if at all. Albeit my top end has been given up but really, who needs to be able to go 180mph on the street? I accelerate faster than the BMW S1000rr or any other bike for that matter and handle just about as well if not better. It seems like a lot of money to spend but if you look at it, it's overall less than half the cost of that new bike.

#31 ·
I noticed the handle bar on the Ninja ZX10R is very low compared to the Honda CBR600RR, I have also heard that Honda's Fireblade handle bar have dropped 1 inch this year is this true? IF it is then the Fireblade is not for us either we really like the 2013 handle bar it was the similar height to the cbr600rr.

Oh well hopefully Honda is not going to give us another 2008 model in 2016 and for God's sakes Honda if you are reading this please give us ride modes traction controls and abs as standard features as well as integrated tail lights and LED head lights.

Why should Honda's customer have to pay for "1 mistake and your dead mentality"? Give us safety features because we are all not professional riders who never make mistakes while riding motorbikes.

#32 ·
Oh well hopefully Honda is not going to give us another 2008 model in 2016 and for God's sakes Honda if you are reading this please give us ride modes traction controls and abs as standard features as well as integrated tail lights and LED head lights.
Why should Honda's customer have to pay for "1 mistake and your dead mentality"? Give us safety features because we are all not professional riders who never make mistakes while riding motorbikes.
Yeah, they will. And the price will be higher because of it.
You are already complaining you can't afford a ZX-10R. :beat:

And since you are "not a professional rider", then why do you need all that MotoGP tech on your bike?

:rolleyes:

Just sayin`.

#35 ·
Yes i want all the gizmo but for the price of the Japanese bike :) not Euro price :(

Maybe we'll just have to bite the bullet and go ahead with buying 2015 Fireblade when I could come up with more money lol or If I want wait till December this year i will be able to afford to buy her that zx10r :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.