Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

2012 CBR 1000RR OTD Offer

7K views 56 replies 25 participants last post by  NyteStalk3r 
#1 ·
I found a dealership offering this bike new for just under 10k advertised price. I countered with 9.5 OTD because after reading some threads on here from roughly a year ago I found that to be around the best price. He countered by saying 10k was the best price and he sold three at that price this week "standard salesmen stuff". Should I hold firm at 9.5 or is this still a great deal? I am looking at 3 different bikes right now so it won't break my heart not go get it. I am looking for a great deal over anything else.

#5 ·
I am already approved for manufacturers financing and don't plan on doing it any other way. I worked in sales so I know they are just trying to make the most they can on a sale. I wish I could just get through to them that I am not the guy you will be making a buck on. I like the bike, but its the great deal that will entice me.

#10 ·
I think I just chose the wrong time to shop. I have even looked in a 400 mile radius and no one will go under 10k for a 2012 or 2013 cbr 1000rr. Of course I see ppl advertise under 9k, but then they try to tack on all the usual fees. Might be stuck getting the fz09 or something.

#12 ·
You will never get a brand new 1kRR for under $10k OTD.
You are looking for a deal that doesn't exist.

A dealer would have to be very desperate to let one go for that price.

Dealers try their best to get at least $12k for the bike.
That is what you are up against.
Now is actually a good time to try and make a deal. Honda has $1,500 Bonus Bucks going on right now.
Expires 4/1/15, so you better hurry and decide what you want to do.

( Repsol and SP models not included )

#14 ·
OP - Are you looking at Southern Honda ? They have been known to have some awesome prices on new old stock.

Honda CBR1000RR

Same goes for Honda East Toledo (their annual open house event during the summer always has excellent pricing on new old stock).

Unfortunately I think the deal you are looking for is gonna be nearly impossible to find; you're talking about trying to find recession-like prices similar to what dealers were forced to do with all of the leftover 08 / 09 models after the global economic collapse.

G'luck...

#16 ·
I understand the deal is hard to find, but as someone already posted in this topic he found one for under 10k. That's the kind of deal I look for. I want to know that when I buy a bike I got the best deal possible. I ran into the same issue trying to get the fz09 for 7.5 OTD even though that is much less off msrp than the deal I am trying to get now.

#19 ·
I ran into the same issue trying to get the fz09 for 7.5 OTD even though that is much less off msrp than the deal I am trying to get now.
The cat is out of the bag on the FZ-09.

The FZ-09 has serious problems. It's affecting sales.
The suspension is BAD, and the fueling is jerky.

Yami has to fix those issues. If they do, sales will be strong on that model.
The instrument panel looks stupid, too. the FZ-07 has a better looking panel.
( In the center, where it belongs. )

#20 ·
I did plenty of research on the fz 09 and for the type of riding I do, I don't think the suspension will be an issue. The ECU had a reflash offered on the 2014 and the 2015 has it fixed by default. My only issue with that bike is I have never ridden a naked bike and worry about wind at high speeds. The main draw for me with the cbr is that I already owned the 2008 cbr 1k years ago and loved everything about it. I happened to buy it used with very low miles at an unbelievable price from a private seller. Even if I was to try to buy the 2008 right now used with 20k miles on it, people would still ask more than I paid years ago for it relatively new.

#24 ·
I'm sorry but if ur buying a brand new bike and spending thousands of dollars what's the difference in $500. If I wanted a new bike 11,500 or 11,000 OTD is basically the same to me. Alot of u guys probably aren't in sales. I can't stand talking to customers who feel they should get everything for free or discounted price just bc there's competition out there. Y u think so many businesses fail, bc smaller companies cannot compete w the larger ones and their pricing. I get it everyone price shops. But bitch in about $500 seriously. If ur bitch in about $500 u shouldn't be spending the money in the first place.
At the same time sales reps also have families and kids. If they have to give away everything at basically nothing what's the point of even working their not making any money. That $500 u might save probably ends up being like and extra $25-50 for him on his commission check.

#26 ·
That's the response I like to hear from customers. F the salesman. So when u sign a 5 year contract w me and I give you all the equipment for free. Then 12 months later u wanna cancel ur contract. Haha love those conversations. Pay me the 2500 I fronted u at the beginning of our conversation when u thought u were entitled to everything for free or u would walk from sale. I'll get u on the front or back end.

#27 ·
how are you getting a new 2012? Has it been sitting on the showroom floor for 3 years? That would concern me a bit if it's just been sitting like that for 3 years.

I paid $11.5k otd for mine in 2013 for a left-over 2012 ($9999 base + tax + license + reg + dealer prep bs) and that was a screaming deal back then, here in California bikes are more expensive generally and we have a 8.5% sales tax as well so it bumps the otd price.

It helped that I paid cash for my bike so I did not have to deal with financing.

#33 ·
I wouldn't buy it if I were you - you will probably own it for 2 years and want to get rid of it because every other bike that's coming out are so futuristic and they come standard with all the gizmo the Honda's refuses to offer us.

Buying these bikes will bite your butt when you try to sell it in the 2nd hand used market you will be competing with so many bikes that already has full electronics ride modes traction controls and abs. People in used markets will be looking out for bikes that has all the gizmo for a few dollar more.

If you really want it for $9500 grab his card then write $9500 on the back of it and go to another dealer then show them his card with the price you wrote on the back ;)

#39 ·
Well, you already told the guy what you're willing to pay. But keep in mind, the bike is 3 years old, regardless of whether it's new. Granted, the dealer needs to make money, but they also want to move those bikes. Especially with new models coming out.

Maybe I'm being unrealsitic, but I would've offered the guy less than $9500 OTD. All they can say is no, and you negotiate from there. I'd keep shopping.

#40 ·
I have continued to shop around, I am not stuck on getting a cbr 1000. I offered 9.5 for a few 2013 600rr Repsol bikes and no takers on that either. With all my offers being snubbed I assume it will just be another sad season on four wheels. There are a decent amount of dealers in Cincinnati but they all seem to have very little stock and not much showroom space to have leftovers. Went to a honda dealership a few days ago and they only had one cbr 1000 in the whole place and it was a new year repsol. I drove 50 minutes to a dealership that was much bigger with decent enough space to sit on the bikes but they did not deal in Hondas.

#45 ·
$13999 was the MSRP for 2012+.. Not a terrible deal if its OTD, i'd still aim for $9500 OTD since it is 3 years old.. To put it in perspective, I paid $12,200 OTD when the 2012 was first released.. 2013s were not even mentioned or talked about..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.