Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

tool kit, really?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  hfritz 
#1 ·
so my new '14 came with a tool kit. I expected something like my '09 x6r. huh, not so. a reversible flat tip/cross tip screwdriver. nothing else!

is that all that really comes in the tool kit?

#3 ·
Your going to want to keep that screwdriver around for the plastic pieces of crap that hold parts of your fairing together.

It's probably the most important part of the whole tool kit. The place I got my cbr from tried to keep mine. Yes, I had an empty plastic toolkit bag in my brand new cbr trunk.

#4 ·
Yep, that's it... but I think someone mentioned that the screwdriver is JIS, not phillips.

I ditched this "tool kit" and carry a tire repair pouch, along with a multi-tool (like a Leatherman) and a multi-allen key set.

My last Honda bike came with an L-shaped allen key and a fuse puller.

#8 ·
I think you could build a better kit and probably cheaper than what an OEM kit would cost. For example, it looks like item #6 is a spanner wrench for the rear suspension... something you may not use that frequently, especially if your bike breaks down on the side of the road. You might find a nice member nearby who will share one with you if you decided to adjust the preload.

I try not to carry "one-trick ponies" with me: tools that have limited uses. Instead of the flip screwdriver that has slotted and JIS ends, you can get a screwdriver with removable two-sided bits and a shaft that is flippable (for a total of four possible bits).

#10 ·
yeah - I would like the tool kit so I have the right tools to work on the bike, or something to find a better full size tool - but I agree no reason to cart some of those along for the ride.

yeah - awesome of Honda to include such a comprehensive tool kit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.