Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

New CBR for 2017???

53K views 129 replies 62 participants last post by  Nikofab 
#1 ·
So my buddy and I went to the MotoAmerica race at VIR on May 16 and I got wind of something about a new CBR that is supposed to come out for 2017. The rumor came from a gentleman who was affiliated with Honda through the Turbo Turtle Racing Team and although he wouldn't go into details he did say that it is supposed to be magical!!!! If it doesn't have a V4 in the specifications I may have to leave Honda....LOL! I am glad to hear that American HOnda is going to get back into the picture next year with MotoAmerica. I was a little disheartening seeing nothing but Yamaha's and Suzuki's there. The only Honda team was the one mentioned above. More riders and more teams will make it that much more interesting!

#60 ·
Most of your Honda 1000RR Fans will NOT wait around till 2017 for a new "catch up" platform bike.... Everyone that I ride and race with that knows anything is leaving Honda for the 2015 S1000RR; RSV4R; R1; R!M and the new 2016 ZX-10! BTW, the new ZX-10 might be a game changer.... We will see....
I am seeing tons of S100RR's and R1M's out on the track now..... and I am seeing some fast lap times.... My 2010 Honda CBR1000RR "feels great" but it just cant drive out of the corners and get up to speed like the other 1000's... Second, Bazzaz TC is almost a joke... It is only 1/2 of the measurements that you need for real TC.

#62 ·
You hit the nail on the head when you said Honda will being playing catch up. 2017 something new for Honda will be old for the other manufacturers

#77 ·
Uh yeah, the conservative company. But they make some game changing bikes.
3RC
CB 750 (often voted most inovative bike of the century)
CR 750 (though you could only assemble one of these if you were racing)
CR250 “Elsinore” changed everything in MX
GL 1000 (original Goldd Wing)
NR 500 (oval piston bike) Freddie Spencer FLOGGED IT FOR THE WIN
VFR 750 (AND all of the other Ineceptors) I have a 6th gen and love the V4 engine.
CBR 600F Hurricane first fully faired 4 piston street bike
RC 30
NR 750 in the unobtamium realm as only 200 were supposedly made, it was really the street legal version of the NR 500 racer
Then there was a little bike called the CBR 900.......Baba's little gift of the Fireblade in the early 90's
EXP2 (look that one up and tell me what you think)
NSR 500 (Think Rossi and the last championship won on a 2 stroke)
VFR 1200 and DCT transmission. Didn't see that one coming!
The CB 954, then the CBR 1000 era starts. Then at the time the 08 that was the last big advancement for their sportbike line. They are way overdue.
And don't forget the little Cub. Over 50 million of them sold. lol

https://www.google.com/search?q=gam...X&ved=0CFoQsARqFQoTCKfYmvermMkCFcpCJgodQ1wAEA

#78 ·
what really sucks about Honda taking there time is that for the riders that cant afford a new bike will still have to wait 3 years before they can have fun on what ever new bike Honda is going to make ...I will be able to buy a 2015 model ZX10 next year used for a decent price ....
Honda is making it very hard to stay loyal ...

#81 ·
Come on guys. Lets not give up on Big Red. As much as I want the RSV4, I can't do it. I'm loyal to the end. Honda is all I know, and plus why do you need all of those electronics for riding on the street? That's where must of us 1K owners are riding anyway, that includes all the other liter bikes as well. To me nothing makes more mid ranger power than Blade, and that's where Honda puts most of it's apples. Where are you going to do 160-180 mph? My 11 CBR1K does it for me, light as a feather, handles like a bicycle, and mid ranger power to smoke just about anything on the street. Long live Big Red.....and the 2017 Blade! lol

#102 ·
Some of us ride track days and race, that's why we want a Honda that is competitive and has the electronics that the other manufacturers have !
It takes a very careful throttle hand to keep from wadding up the current CBR1000RR on the track.

#82 ·
Unfortunately I am one of those assholes that jumped ship :(. I have owned Honda sport bikes my whole life. Starting with a 600rr then selling that to upgrade to a 1000rr. I totalled it after a few years of owning it and I decided to rebuild it. After riding around for another year I decided to dedicate my 1000rr as a track bike and upgrade again. I was hoping 2016 would of brought something new for Honda but never did so I jumped ship and purchased an RSV4.

If Big Red steps it up and creates an all new super bike for 2017 I may have to sell the Aprilia and jump back over.

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.