Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

New CBR for 2017???

53K views 129 replies 62 participants last post by  Nikofab 
#1 ·
So my buddy and I went to the MotoAmerica race at VIR on May 16 and I got wind of something about a new CBR that is supposed to come out for 2017. The rumor came from a gentleman who was affiliated with Honda through the Turbo Turtle Racing Team and although he wouldn't go into details he did say that it is supposed to be magical!!!! If it doesn't have a V4 in the specifications I may have to leave Honda....LOL! I am glad to hear that American HOnda is going to get back into the picture next year with MotoAmerica. I was a little disheartening seeing nothing but Yamaha's and Suzuki's there. The only Honda team was the one mentioned above. More riders and more teams will make it that much more interesting!

#2 ·
So my buddy and I went to the MotoAmerica race at VIR on May 16 and I got wind of something about a new CBR that is supposed to come out for 2017. The rumor came from a gentleman who was affiliated with Honda through the Turbo Turtle Racing Team and although he wouldn't go into details he did say that it is supposed to be magical!!!!!
It is supposed to be out for 2016.

If it isn't revealed by October, it will be delayed until mid-2016, as an official 2017 model.

And yeah.... it is magical. The R1 and s1000rr are going to be TOAST.

#13 ·
Yeah it will either be 2016, or 17 or 18.... we have been hearing that rumor for the last 3 years. Honda is due for an update, so you dont need any insider information to know that honda will release a liter bike sooner or later.

As that as the v4 unicorn....who knows. Honda may join the arm race and build something ridiculously agressive, or they can just build an awesome "all around" bike.

We will have to wait patiently i guess...

#18 ·
Yea definitely the 899, everything I've seen about the 11&1299's is no good for street use, and if the new r1 is anything like them as you and other have said, then I'll be sticking to my 1krr until I see what Honda puts out soon or if I start hating having extra cash around and want to spend it all on maintenance for a Ducati lol

#24 ·
It's absolutely NOT a "touring" bike, but it's great for zipping around town, and hitting the nearby freeway on/off ramps!
A Suzuki Burgman is a good choice if that's all your going to do. They get decent gas mileage as a plus.:thumbsup:

Reactions: HRH2012 and MM93
#27 ·
Before riding here you sign papers holding you responsible for paying out the insurance excess or repairs.

If you bin a shop bike it costs them nothing.

My local honda dealer let me take out a near new fireblade (back in 08 - was current model then) as a loan bike when i had my 600 in for service...

#28 ·
Local KTM dealer offered me a test hop on a 1290 Super Duke R the other day, it's not universal over here, depends on the dealer and it helps if they know you can ride a motorcycle.

Reactions: thro
#30 ·
I just got a weird survey from Honda America specifically asking me about what I would like to see different in the 1000rr....and I don't even own 1...yet.

They asked if I would like to see the name changed from 1000rr to Fireblade or Hurricane. I chose Fireblade cause that's what they should be called.

They asked if I would be interested in a new gyroscopic ABS that would increase stability during cornering...and at what pricepoint. I said I was interested at between $500-800.

It may mean nothing but they seem to be fishing for information on what next to do.

Dunno, what do you guys think?

#45 ·
It better be good...I specifically financed the balance on my 1Krr so that my note is paid in late 2016...conveniently the same time when the new one is supposed to come out.

#49 ·
I feel the 2012 CBR 1000rr with a top speed of now 200 mph is the best street bike out there now.

I know about them as I have on and it's dam good all over the place and no one seems to hang in the turns with me as I,m waiting

up the road so I dont lose the others .

A new CBR is coming or not?

The CBR line may come to an end for the 1000cc bike , and if this happens it will be a V 4 and there not telling us right now what it is so
you can have guess.

#50 ·
Except on the race track where it sucks these days. The Kawi and the new R1 are sadly the best bikes out right now, followed by the GIXXER and BMW. You can see this if you look up the race statistics from CSC, ASRA, WERA, MOTO America and WSBK. Hell even road racing like Isle of Man Honda as dropped off.

#51 ·
Did you see thee is a new Kawi ZX-10 ! Now that thing is going to be a Bitch when set up right, It's an all new bike the crank is 20% lighter all new electronic Package . This is going to be hard to beet this bike from what I here we will see.

Yes I see that Honda old and slow but on a3 year old bike just won the TT again just getting boring seeing Honda win the TT all the time for the last what 18 years now and about 49 of them , who is that kid you know the boy on that Honda in Moto GP

I guess there two boys on Honda's that win lots of races in Moto GP.

I have had many Honda's , and there better then the other bikes that I have had and one reason I like them they have never broken on me ever!

Man there is going to be a new bike soon from Honda so the stock line may improve it self , but I just have a stock bike that spins up the back with ease just at low RPM's 7000 , what elce do you need?

Attachments

#52 ·
The rumor came from a gentleman who was affiliated with Honda through the Turbo Turtle Racing Team and although he wouldn't go into details he did say that it is supposed to be magical!!!!
This might be true cuz turbo turtle racing sold [I'd say most if not all] of their stuff for cheap last time I browse around ebay, including their bike too. So this might be true.

#55 ·
Man if it's spinning I like it.

If I can get it sliding into a corner I start getting a boner in my pants ! "can't do it all the time "

Why do you need that Stuff when they have had 200HP bike for a long time in Moto GP

and not one was like this is to much power for me I,m not riding it , more like burn up that rear end coming out of a corner
and slide it in side-ways to cut the corner and get back on the gas and power drift in to ......

Roll it on smooth as silk break the same that way it will not bite you in the ass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.