Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Need some buying help from you guys!

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  numbafree 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I am in need of some help determining if this CBR is a solid buy or not. I am a college student and looking for a daily rider that can 'roar' when I want it to lol. I just want to make sure it will last for awhile longer, based off the information i have from the seller. Keep in mind this is craigslist seller and is a few 100miles from me so I can't go look at the bike that easily lol.

Anyways lets get to it, it is a 2005 CBR1000rr. It is lowered 2.5" in the front, and 2" in the rear. 16"-18" stretch on it. Power commander, ported heads, regeared -2+3, bored over. Has 32k miles. Engine was work was done when bike was around 20k miles. Work was done at a professional performance shop. No leaks, starts right up, garage kept, well maintained and had it looked it every 2-3 months back when he was using it on the drag strip just to make sure it was still good because it was also his daily driver. He said he had it on the dyno and it was putting out 320hp at the rear wheel without nitrous.(Hard for me to believe)

Thats most the info I got at this point. All that is from what he told me, so take it all with a grain of salt. Like, I said I just want some help on determining if this bike will still last awhile or if it has been run too hard for too long. Or if he is feeding me BS lol

Thanks guys!

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
you will be better off with an old Schwinn bicycle than that thing. its only good for the strip and at this point probably not good there either. i have nitrous on mine and have had it disconnected since last year, the 'ole 1000cc is plenty of go without. that was way to modded to even be fun out of a straight line..like a Busa 1200. imhbeo.

#12 ·
Ask him if you can see paperwork of what was done to it. Everything he said is plausible. Obviously it is set up for drag looks great lI've them stretched bikes I actually hate the look if a stock bike looks weird to me. What's the exhaust can't seem to see it. Is there a turbo in it? Nothing is impossible. Chances are it's not 320hp maybe he meant to say 220 you never know. More questions you ask he has to answer. Don't ask people on this forum go straight to the source because not many drag race on here and don't know shit about drag racing.

#13 ·
How tall are you? if you are 5'9" and under, any 600cc supersport would suit you just fine and insurance will be cheaper and so will the bike.

When buying used, I stay away from heavily modded cars and bikes. unless you are buying it from a good good friend, I would not believe a word the seller says.

if you must have a literbike, for the 2008-2012 model year range, the cbr has the most torque in the mid range vs the others.

If you want to go into debt, I'd get the RSV4 factory for 2015 R1. but that's me.

#14 ·
You stating facts or opinion big difference. Here we go with mid and torque again. Lmao. Anyways good luck with whatever you buy. Try going to different forums and get a feel for every brand

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.