Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

2016 zx10r

20K views 68 replies 26 participants last post by  Slider 
#1 ·
I can't help it but I'm giddy and can't wait for the 2016 zx10r. All the talk is who will be the king of the 3 manufactures in contention. S1000rr R1 or zx10r. If your not getting excited about either one of these you have no pulse. The world is a buzz about these 3. As for Honda maybe just maybe they will surprise us.

#3 ·
I absolutely love my 2011. Bought it the first day they released the dealer hold here in the states. Was not disappointed and the damn thing still brings a smile to my face even after being on a derestricted H2; love them both, but they both fit different niches. That being said, I already told my dealer that they better have one for me the day they can get them on the floor because I will be there waiting to sign my paperwork.

The word is that it's going to be a refinement from the current platform to the next instead of a complete overhaul like the jump from the 3rd gen (2008-2010) was to the 4th gen (2011-2015). Better suspension set up, new electronics package and a slight increase in power. My personal wish list is better gearing out the crate, better rear shock, pneumatic valves, optimized head flow and the electronics package from the H2/H2-R. The BMW and Yamaha have played their hands, now it's just up to Kawi, Suzuki and Honda to play theirs for 2016 and see if they push that bar just a little higher.

#4 ·
WSBK influenced Ninja ZX-10R for 2016 on top of rider aids, not to mention there is word another 10-15hp punch from what its producing now, can you say beast

#8 ·
#7 ·
Kawasaki sure is getting people's blood pumping with H2 H2R zx10r. These bikes scream absolute monsters. Love em hate em can't deny what they are doing by raising the bar. Honda hasn't changed since 08 what's to get excited about. I'm betting it won't be anything exciting. Honda is traditionalists they will keep it user friendly I4 guarenteed. Would lover to eat my words doubt it though

#9 ·
Must be the rider not the bike who has the skills

#12 ·
Something has to give with Zuk and Honda, they are considered dinosaurs in today's standards

#15 ·
Your not the only one. Zuk and Honda are in need of a serious upgrade. Essentially people who bought an 08 they have the same bike as a 2015, and dont tell me they are so different because they are not. A few tweaks here and there. Biggest thing is rims, forks. Exact same engine, actually 10 and up are a little down on power

Reactions: LA2SD
#17 ·
i agree with you on the Kawa, but i just cant get into the R1. this might sound stupid, but if you have owned an R1, then you know what i am talking about. i cant stand that Yamaha kept the metal painted gas tank. such a dumb design. it dents easily and gets ridiculously hot on a warm to hot day. reason not to buy the bike, not necessarily, but it definitely was the very first thing i noticed when i test drove my first CBR. i love that it is a cover over the entire gas tank and makes a difference for someone like me in TX summers. now the LED screen on the R1 is superior to all the current gauge clusters imo, but that metal gas tank has got to go.

#23 ·
Saw the 2016 zx10r on videos not really impressed with the same old looks that has minor changes on the fairings - i think they are trying to be like Honda's lack of new innovative design - but it still look nice though maybe i'll upgrade my wife's current zx10r to a new 2016 model.

#28 ·
Saw the 2016 zx10r on videos not really impressed with the same old looks that has minor changes on the fairings - i think they are trying to be like Honda's lack of new innovative design - but it still look nice though maybe i'll upgrade my wife's current zx10r to a new 2016 model.
When they started dropping little hints about the bike, they said right away the visual upgrades to the looks will be small.

"Outwardly apparent changes will be "subtle yet highly effective changes to the (front fairing) shape," "
Source: Sneak Peek: 2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R | Sport Rider

The little changes they did to the fairings are welcome though. One of my major complaints with my 4th gen is the floating windscreen on the street plastics. This is fixed with the Hotbodies track plastics but I don't have it in track form but a few times a year.

The majority of the changes are ones that you can't see, have to really look close or have the 2011-2015 model sitting right next to the 2016 model. It's all of those changes that are the biggest impact ones and are the most welcome. All in all, should be a damn fine bike.

#24 ·
^^ Welp, hopefully this is a case of good things come to those who wait. Gotta be honest though...after all the issues with the last brand new honda...Im a bit hesitant to throw down some loot on another
Ditto here, I liked my '07 but pretty much totaled it back in August. My '12 is going up for sale as I never really gelled with it. Next bike will be a '16 ZX-10R, this machine is going to be stellar, lots of Sykes and Rea's DNA are going into it. I'm done with Honda, it would take a world beater to get me back in the showroom and Honda has lost the plot.

#25 ·
I'm surprised LDH has not piped up in this thread as he has done a bunch of work with the Kawi. He posted this on another forum and made me laugh.

New Gen5 ZX-10R will get Titanium rods and internals to comply with WSBK homologation rules etc and presumably fly-by wire + prerequisite electronics.

2016 BMW S1000RR will get nothing as it is already too damn fast for us mere mortals

2016 CBR1000RR will get an additional 6lbs added to it, lose 4 hp and have all new race inspired graphics with a revised headlight shape.

#31 ·
I agree that they should have changed the styling. I have a Gen 4 and although I like the look, would have like to have seen a fresh face before dropping the bucks on a new one. That aside, this is going to be a major upgrade to what is already an excellent design. KHI apparently listened to current Gen 4 owners who love the current platform and requested that they change only what needed updating. We asked for the advanced six axis IMU TC, quick shifter, Brembo brakes, and more midrange and it looks like they delivered. Overall there are a lot of changes including the frame, swing arm , engine, brakes and suspension components. Under the familiar skin is a mostly new machine. I predict the '16 will be right at the front of the pack in the next round of shootouts, right there with the new R1. That said, it will not match the BMW on the dyno without derestricting. I'm guessing 167 rear wheel HP in U.S trim but with the fat midrange we all asked for. Give this bike a chance, KHI knows they need a winner right out of the box and I think they'll deliver. Also pricing is barely going up from the old bike, thousands less than the competition.

#32 ·
The majority of the changes are ones that you can't see, have to really look close or have the 2011-2015 model sitting right next to the 2016 model. It's all of those changes that are the biggest impact ones and are the most welcome. All in all, should be a damn fine bike.
Agreed, this was not a Suzuki/Honda lukewarm makeover, this bike will have to keep them at or near the front for the next five to six years, it will be a great machine I predict despite the same looks.

#34 ·
Yea, good article, looks like they changed almost everything on the bike but kept the same look. I don't think anything off the '16 would fit on my Gen 4, even the fairings are different. It's bizarre that they would go to that much trouble and not restyle, I'm guessing they want everyone to associate with Rea's and Sykes WSBK bikes.

#37 ·
2016 CBR1000RR will get bold new graphics and tank badging. If Honda doesn't come out with a whole new bike for 2017, they need to close up shop, this is embarrassing, ditto to Suzuki.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.