Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Advice on buying Cbr1k or car? Please xD

2K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  capt.america 
#1 ·
So I should have a bunch of assets sold as of this Wed and will have no car or bike.

With around 6100 doll hairs

Currently using my dad's extra vehicle and can do so until I buy another car

I also have a $6000 bond coming to fruition late November that I can do stuff with as well.

Should I

A) Get a low mileage 06 Cbr1k for 4500 in mint condition being offered to me from a friend?

B) Get a nice used car that I've been researching and looking up for awhile for 5000-5500?

#5 ·
+1

I have an 06 cbr as my main transportation and also got an 02 Silverado for when I need to carry stuff or the weather is exceptionally crappy. And I paid about $12k for both.

Since March I've put 8k miles on my 1000 and prob less than 1200 on my truck. I love In Massachusetts and will be daily driving the bike till atleast december 1st depending when the snow starts maybe later

#6 ·
I would get the 06 because it is the best Honda ever made. But as hayabusa said it really depends on where u live. I live in southern Oklahoma and really riding is a 11 month season. But I'm skinny as a bean pole so it gets shitty quick. My buddy at work bought a danger ranger for 350$ and we all know those are bulletproof like our Hondas. Just some food for thought.

#8 ·
Car is a priority over everything.

Reactions: intRRovert
#9 ·
I would say car is a priority, havin a bike is a luxury don't need a bike but you need a car.

#11 ·
get the car first. save up for a better bike. an 06 is ridiculously old, like 4 generations old, as far as bike technology. At the end of the day, get the best you can with the money you have.

Reactions: Jamin466
#12 ·
Better bike. An 06 might be old as in years but as far Honda bike technology NO. Same as your cbr and every other cbr. I only see one generation of new cbr. The 08-15 and prob 16. Nothing new but looks. He got the best with the money he had. Not very smart to spend 8500$+ on a bike that looks different but performs the same.

#17 ·
We ALL know it's the rider, not the bike. Are you saying you'd rather have an 06 cbr than a 2015 R1, H2R, or Panigale 1299?

Frankie- let me know when you are in the bay area, they run the 1/4 mile every wed in the summer at Sears point. Or we can compare lap times at Thunderhill.

#18 ·
Silly kids. First off what the hell would I be doing in the bay area get a grip. Why not come to Canada I know stupid. I'll keep my 06 and because you guys are upset because your 2015 cbr isn't any faster Tham my 06. Im talking on HOnda who in the hell said anything about Kawi or yami or a Duc I sure the hell didn't. You wanna talk racing which one my 06 Honda or my 04 kawi. My 04 will eat anything you you two twats have to offer. Since you wanna throw any bike in the mix. Internet is so fun gives people a chance to talk out of their ass. OP asked what he should get a 06 and you guys said don't get an 06. Why not puts down probably most power and is most reliable out of honda liNE up

#19 ·
You wanna talk racing which one my 06 Honda or my 04 kawi. My 04 will eat anything you you two twats have to offer. Since you wanna throw any bike in the mix. Internet is so fun gives people a chance to talk out of their ass.
Wow. Straight to name calling. You must be one hard core rider, eh? :gay:

And sorry, but no way I'm coming to wasteland you call a country. I don't want to get pulled over by a guy on a horse. Or get a ticket for being nice. Or drink milk from a bag. Or go oot and aboot. Or.......Well, you get the point.

#20 ·
Frankie - I've been to Toronto, and my BIL is Canadian. His family invited me up for a visit recently. Is there a track close to Toronto?

I know this is the fireblade forum, and I do think it's a great bike, but there many great liter bikes out there, that is all I meant to say. Not sure why you think I pee'd in your cheerios, I was not trying to ruffle feathers.

At the end of the day, the OP is gonna do what he wants to, irregardless of this thread.

In the bay area, we have a very active local forum, and it's cool to meet folks from the forum in person. Who knows you might be in the San Francisco area some day.

#21 ·
No numba I'm not upset at all. All is cool. I don't doubt anyone who races not at all. I never claim to be the best nor am I. Hell yeah there are way better bikes than my 06 without a doubt. I'm just saying he wanted a 06 and there really is no difference from that year all the way up to 15 and there really isn't. Subtle changes sure and we all know this. If I had the money I would buy the new R1 or zx10r in a heart beat. Yep at the end of the day if your racing that's great in my books. Cayuga race track near T.O. Grand bend motor plex close by. Oh by the way how about them Blue Jays lol. Off to the next round.

#24 ·
Lol we are Canadian we are strong the cold weather helps lol

#27 ·
Oh hell yeah forgot about that one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.