Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

oxford stormex cover ,don't buy

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  scottfloyd 
#1 · (Edited)
Second cover in 6 months! falling apart at the seams, the solar panel window has a plastic circle inside which has scuffed my dark screen with it moving about,all the seams around it are coming off,obviously didn't have waterproof glue on these two covers I've had!also the panel is always soaking inside, herd that solar panels don't have enough power to keep it charged anyway, every time i take the cover off theres water inside, contacted oxford and they told me that they don't make a specific cover for any bike! tried the larger cover and 2ft sags on the ground soaking up water, and the smaller one they replaced with fits pretty good apart from the vent thats ment for the exhaust sits above the seat, which i taped up as it would lash rain in as the holes point straight up! if this fitted a bike it would have to be 3ft from the front to the exhaust! (monkey bike)?had the old cover years ago with no problems, fitted my r1 good and didn't fall apart or leak would have fitted this too, you would have thought that a company like this would have had a cover that would fit all 600/1000cc sport bikes as there nearly the same size

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Oxford have been in touch and they are going to replace it with a new protex cover, it as no exhaust vents and there is no plastic insert inside the solar panel piece, the old insert marked all my black screen with it moving about in the wind, i got some acrylic polish and it took it out great, used it on the lights and the clocks too, great stuff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.