Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

New bike day & Good bye Honda ..

4K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  Kruz 
#1 ·
Time for a new bike.

This one is a different dimension anyway. >:)

See less See more
#9 ·
I applaud your choice of bike but that can on that bike is ridiculously loud. No reason in the world to subject anyone to that level of abuse and though we don't know what else has been done to that engine, if it's otherwise stock it just hurts performance. It's called an "exhaust system" because it's all designed to work better as a system. This ain't the 1980's and that ain't your daddio's rice burner from the that era. The great thing about the '15 - '16 BMW is that it has more mid-range and a few more ponies on the top end. So why create that menace?

#10 ·
Nice wheels, congrats. Unless Honda comes out with something track competitive, I have a feeling many people will go to other brands. The community is shrinking, quite a bit in the last year or two. Even though the CBR is a great street bike and more than you need, I still get the feeling most street riders will pick more track competitive rides for image/gadgetry over function on the street.

To be honest, I'd like the next iteration to be a very track focused machine, but that's never been Honda's target for the model. I really really hope the next CBR/RVF or whatever it may be is a top competitor at the track, if not I'd likely look at another brand as well.

#12 ·
Nice wheels, congrats. Unless Honda comes out with something track competitive, I have a feeling many people will go to other brands. The community is shrinking, quite a bit in the last year or two. Even though the CBR is a great street bike and more than you need, I still get the feeling most street riders will pick more track competitive rides for image/gadgetry over function on the street.

To be honest, I'd like the next iteration to be a very track focused machine, but that's never been Honda's target for the model. I really really hope the next CBR/RVF or whatever it may be is a top competitor at the track, if not I'd likely look at another brand as well.

Honda did, but for $180k.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#17 ·
Looks good, congrats

#19 ·
Nope and a large amount of owners that think there not using oil is simply because there not pushing the engine.funny story friend of mine had a 2009 he thought his used none never smoked or had to add oil oil and said yea I ride it pretty hard till I rode it and used a half qt in 300miles

#29 ·
I decided to bail on Honda as well, got tired of waiting for something besides bold new graphics.

Reactions: Loveriding
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.