Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

My CBR is totaled last week, need a new bike, help me!

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Nori 
#1 ·
Dear My Friends!

My beautiful pearl-white 2009 1000RR was totaled last week. Fortunately I am OK, or at least my soul and my hearth is in worse condition than my body.

An unaware al man was driving a suv who turned in front of me without giving me free way. I wanted to avoid the cras, but as another car was coming towards me in the opposite line, I couldn't do anything, just hit the back of the car while tried to steer clear.
So I hit it with the middle part of my bike, so footpegs broke, I hit my ankle very hard. Bike seems not that bad from the outside, but it is not the same bike as it was before as it feels it runs on two lanes, so there could be some serious frame or suspension damage.
It seems to me I won't be able and I wouldn't sit on that bike again, so I would problably need to buy another one.

Problems starting here, as in my small country there are only a few CBR SC59s are for sale. Most of them very-very overpriced, while the others could have been in a worse state than mine now.
(I was searching my bike for about three months, while at last I found a perfect, mint, serviced CBR which also had got the factory recall for the crank).

Now I am looking for probably a REPSOL, but I don't know what is the oil burning, crankcase recall situations with Repsol.
The three Repsols which are for sale at the moment in my country (they are all at least 500km away from me:) are all 2009-2010 models, so hopefully they are a little bit more trusty than it would be a 2008 model.

Here is also one more option- a 2011 model Tricolour HRC edition SC59, which was first registrated in 2014, so factory guarantee only overs in this May. So hopefully it would be a better choice than a 2009-2010 Repsol. It has got only 10.000 kms, and some of my friends knows the 45 years old owner as well, so this bike seems clean and reliable.
I just couldn't get over with this kind of Tricolor paintwork.
This 2011 tricolours are not with golden wheels, but white ones, and the most part of the bike is blue and red, not mainly white.
Somehow for me these colours give the bike a 1992 feeling, I don't know white.

Now I will have to choose if I would go for a cool factory repsol bike which has got an unknown past for me, or go for the one that is a realieble, fresh, almost new bike, but a little bit weird painting:)

Help me please, what do You think about this rare HRC color CBRs?

Thanks!

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=211850&thumb=1

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=211858&thumb=1

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes, now the most important thing is that I am here in one piece without bigger hurts on my body with my family.

Bad thing is that the CBR was the Bike of My Life, cost me way too much that I could afford, but after years of owning 10+ years old bikes I decided that with some family help I will buy a better, cleaner, younger bike. It took me only few months to owning it.
There is another spyke in my heart beside the bike: I just bought a brand new, 1000 Euro Dainese Laguna Seca along with Gaerne boots, and AGV helmet with a very expensive iridium visor just few days before the crash. Now all my gear is destroyed.

Ok, I claimed back everything from the insurance company, and really hope that at the end, my financial loss won't be that bad, but anyhow, it is not a good thing to start over everything- first place in search for the best motorbike again.
(maybe one plus beside the repsols that my previous bike, an SC57 was also a Repsol, and when I bought the pearl white CBR I wass missing the bright colors for so long, so maybe it's time to go for a Repsol again. Anyway, here in my country a Repsol Honda, especially an SC59 is at least as a uniqe bike like a HRC. Unfortunately 99% of the bikes in my country are 10-15 years old, so newer models are absolutly regarded as uniques in itself no matter which color they are)

Thanks for anything!

#6 ·
No, of course I haven't buy any new bikes yet.
I should wait few more weeks until the insurance company deliver some good news. I shouldn't be too fast with things like that, better stay calm:)

I now just dealing with the after market parts on my bike, as the insurance company didn't take them into consideration while calculated the price of my bike and they way too underestimated the price.

Although some lawyers told me that aftermarket items most of them times gives the bike a lower end price on the market than it would be a full factory bike.

For example an Akrapovic exhaust system with electronics regarded as a price-lowering item, as a simple Akra system usually worth half the price as an original exhaust system.
There are also aftermarket items on my CBR like Power commander, Dynojet quickshifter, LSL crashpads, things like that which calues havent proved yet, but the insurance company just estimated my bike simple as a factory average CBR.

#7 ·
Dear My Friends!

Now it seems everything went right with my situation.
I am still waiting for the insurance company's decision (little bit long they thinking about now), but last weekend after three weeks of searching and hunting I bought my new bike.
It's also a 2008 CBR (here in my country there is almost possible to buy a bike which is after 2010, so imagine there are altogether 13 SC59 CBRs are for sale and 12 out of the 13 is 2008-2009. There is one more which is a 2012 but it costs way above 10.000 Euros which I wouldn't afford to spend for a motorcycle now. Maybe later on next year:)

So I found a honest owner who was about 45 years old, owned the bike from 2010, 22.000kms in the hour, told everything about the motor, so I bought it from him at last.

(thanks to everybody who suggested not to fear from the HRC color options in opposite the Repsols. At the end it is a first generation HRC, not the 2011 one I asked about before, but that bike was again 10.000 Euros).
I did two days of detailing and aesthetic cosmetics on it with various detailing products, so it now seems pretty much the same condition as my previous-crashed white CBR was. Somehow at first it was hard to me to get used to the colours. Some kind of old school feeling was that pastel red-blue color option.
I was really afraid that I won't be able to get used to the bike, I was afraid that I won't be able to love it as much as I loved my long-awaited white CBR...

Now, after almost a week of owning, and spending so many hours of detailing it seems to me the real inner beauty came to world, so please let me show you me new (for me) bike, the 2008 HRC.
(I really-really want to love this bike later on... Maybe after 1-2 more weeks, I will see it in a different point of view and get used to the colors)

Thanks for anything!

Attachments

#9 ·
Thanks for the kind words Keith C!
( I don't know if I told or not but I just live in the Eastern part of Europe where there aren't much patriotic feelings coma from a red-blue-white bike, not to mention that there aren't any will come from the opposite lane any soon, as I haven't seen any HRCs in my life yet except mine)

#12 ·
Of course this is the most important thing for me as well.

I will never remember the moments after the crash while I was sitting by my crashed bike while thinking maybe I never ever will be able to sit on such an expensive and nice bike as this white CBR was. All in all to tell you the truth, owning a 8.000 Euro, 7-8 years old bike for me is of money saving of two years working in line. At that is something I won't be able to forget.

Thanks for everything!

#13 ·
Very nice looking bike! Glad everything worked out for you. I'm sure you appreciate the bike more having to work and save so long to afford it. Many of us, myself for sure, are spoiled and maybe don't appreciate as much as we should. Safe travels!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.