Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

vin number/engine number info?

24K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  superjohn 
#1 ·
Hello, I am trying to find where the vin number located on a 2012 cbr1000rr, and if the vin number can't be found, can I find the vin number on the engine? or engine number that can help me find a vin number that belongs to it.

I want to buy a 2012 cbr1000rr and the person claims that its new body and vin number not showing. i want to be safe and make sure its not stolen or anything, so I want to know the location to try to find it and if not, maybe i can look at the engine to see the vin number or i can't find vin number. where can I find the engine number?

thanks bunch

#3 ·
There are two places to see the VIN. One is on a sticker that is to the left of the fuel tank. If you turn the bars all the way to the left, the sticker is right next to the left hand grip.

The second location is stamped into the frame, along the head downtube on the right side.

#8 ·
You can not run a engine number though Honda and get the starting vin.

If the frame has no Vin, it could be a replacement frame, Honda does not stamp a new Vin in the frame, thats up to the owner to do that.

Look at the two areas on the frame and if you see nothing there or it looks like someone took a grinder to it and painted over it you should be able to clearly see that.

What does the title look like?

#9 ·
I didn't see the physical title yet but the frame have nothing like clean no scratches or anything. I am just worries about the engine cus I need to get the vin number to register it. He said that the vin number didn't get transferred. I am using this bike for like stuns and stuff to mess around and not for street use but I just want to make sure not stolen, I did a lot of research anyway I can get the vin by the engine number?????

#12 ·
My question that no one seem to answer lol is that can I get the vin number from the engine number??? Yes/no

No well fuck it
Yes, awesome, how can I do that?

He said he bought the engine from someone and installed it on a frame

So now I want to know if the engine is stolen or not.

#15 ·
You won't be able to see the vin on the engine, it's on the back of the motor if I remember right. Imo of there isn't a vin on the frame anywhere I would run.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

#20 · (Edited)
Dude give up on the engine number. You can't see it unless its off the bike and even if someone could tell you the vin it belonged to you already know its from a different bike. Why can't you give up on a crashed bike with a different engine and no VIN number?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.