Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Yo...wassup with resale on '08s?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  crowfly 
#1 · (Edited)
Thinking of selling my baby, so I've been browsing local CL websites to get an idea of what they're going for.

I've seen some posts that have been there for months. Summer's here, and traditionally, it's always been the best time to sell/buy used.

Are people not buying '08s, or are people just not buying bikes in general b/c of the market?

Anyone have trouble trying to sell their '08? Or if you did sell it, did you drop the price significantly?

#2 ·
I see a few problems in my area.......

1. Oil burning issue scares people.
2. Anyone who know the '08s sold ridiculously cheap (around $6800) are not going to pay an asking price near that. But you can't blame a guy for trying to get their original $$ for a 9 yr. old bike. :surprise:
3. For about $1K more than most asking prices you can move up to a '12+ and get a better bike. (Looks, suspension, digital dash, improved ecu etc.)

ps....... Summer is the worst time to buy, winter is the best. (But you don't know about winter) :cool:

#3 ·
2. Anyone who know the '08s sold ridiculously cheap (around $6800) are not going to pay an asking price near that. But you can't blame a guy for trying to get their original $$ for a 9 yr. old bike. :surprise:
3. For about $1K more than most asking prices you can move up to a '12+ and get a better bike. (Looks, suspension, digital dash, improved ecu etc.)
FWIW, the '12 I just got w/ 8k miles cost me $8k.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.