Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Finally! The 2017 1000rr Update We Have Been Waiting For!

5K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  LA2SD 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Hope they pull the trigger soon, I am itching to replace my current 12 blade. I want it to be a 2017 CBR, but if they don't deliver something to impress, I will be moving on from Honda for a bit. Been looking hard to the 16 zx10 and 16 s1000rr. I'm gonna hold out as long as I can till all the 17's start to come out, but I am quickly losing hope it will be another Honda. On the bright side, I just bought the gf a 600rr.

#9 ·
If anyone is waiting for Honda to come out with the next gen superbike before they buy something, I feel they will be waiting for a long time. I've been reading year after year that Honda surely will step up to the plate and drop an all-new bombshell on the competition, the way they did in '08. The Honda faithful have been waiting...and waiting...and waiting.

If someone wants the latest and greatest, my advice is to look elsewhere. It doesn't seem like Honda is interested any longer in being top dog in the superbike business.

#15 ·
I don't know about you but the lights on the Suzuka race bikes you posted look nothing like that Young Machine magazine rendering. Those Suzuka bike lights are custom endurance racing lights that look more like they have the shape of the current CBR1000RR than that rendering.

#12 · (Edited)
has no one seen this yet? this pics has been out for months. i think its the real pic of whats to come. ill be getting it as soon as that sucker comes out....
from the rear swing arm, rear frame, front wheel fairing, they all look very cbr1000rr to me from the last gen. plus, it looks exactly like the bigger brother version of the new cbr250rr that was just released

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
Young Machine magazine has been known to be completely off on more than a few instances. If you look at that picture it's apparent that it's some creative photochopping. For example the swingarm is a standard one flipped upside down. The front fender mounting holes are too far foward and angled wrong. The upper fairing is from a prototype drawing of the new 250R with different air inlets. The handlebars/mirrors are from the RC213VS, the tail is a mix between the R1/H2/Panigale, the exhaust looks like a Street Tripple with one cut off.

Will the new superbike take styling cues from the new 250R? Maybe it will, but if you remember back to the previous/current 250 many thought it was going to look like a mini 1000RR or mini 600RR and it ended up looking like a mini VFR1200. The way Honda is with their secrecy I wouldn't put much weight behind supposed images on the internet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.