2017 Quickshifter - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 38 Old 06-04-2017, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Ironkiwi

2017 Quickshifter

Ok so when i got my bike from the dealer i went with the quick shifter as an option and they installed it for me.
When i go through the function screen and select the quick shifter option it doesn't allow me to get into the next screen to set it up.
Have they stuffed it up somehow?
Any guys here who have put the honda one onto their own bikes here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 06-04-2017, 10:56 AM
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Garage
http://www.1000rr.net/forums/4153970-post69.html

25th Anniversary Edition CBR1000S1 Hurricane
post #3 of 38 Old 06-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Zjc455

There is an initialization procedure that takes 1-2 minutes (and activates the quick shifter). It is in the installation instructions (available on the Canadian accessories site: http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/TERMS010.aspx)

You need the SCS Short connector if you want to do it yourself (~$20 on ebay), but your dealer should have done it as part of the install.

Once initialized, the settings are available in the menu.
post #4 of 38 Old 06-05-2017, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Ironkiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjc455 View Post
There is an initialization procedure that takes 1-2 minutes (and activates the quick shifter). It is in the installation instructions (available on the Canadian accessories site: http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/TERMS010.aspx)

You need the SCS Short connector if you want to do it yourself (~$20 on ebay), but your dealer should have done it as part of the install.

Once initialized, the settings are available in the menu.
I agree that the dealer should have done it!
I'll ask them why they didn't, when i got the box the quick shifter came in it had the old parts in there but if there was originally instructions with it then they weren't in there.
post #5 of 38 Old 06-07-2017, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Ironkiwi

Ok i took it back to them and they initialised it and all good.
The only bad thing i could say about it is when i'm going WOT and shifting up the bike jerks quite noticeably everytime.
Feels like driveline lash almost, is there anyway to dial this out?
post #6 of 38 Old 06-11-2017, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Ironkiwi

No one?!!
Downshifting is awesome, upshifting is terrible!
post #7 of 38 Old 06-11-2017, 10:30 AM
Zjc455

I had the same experience initially. I've only used it on the race track, but try setting the shifter effort level in the settings menu... I set it to easiest/lightest (I think it is setting 1 of 3). I'm now not having an issue with up or down shifts.

I did notice at first that it took some getting used to. You need to give it a good crisp motion. I think initially I was rolling off the throttle a little, and also not being crisp with lever effort. I was seeing a bunch of false neutrals and missed up-shifts and it turned out that I wasn't using enough force.
post #8 of 38 Old 06-11-2017, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Ironkiwi

Thanks for the reply mate.
Upshifting on mine is so harsh that it is literally upsetting the chassis going up through the gears.
I have tried all the sensitivity settings so far but that hasn't really made any difference.
It's like there is a half second hesitation between the gear going in and the drive to the rear wheel!
It's going in for it's 1st service this week so i'll get then to check it out and see what they think.
And are the service intervals really 8000 miles?! Thats 12000ks twice what was in the zx10r manual!
post #9 of 38 Old 06-12-2017, 05:24 AM
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironkiwi View Post
And are the service intervals really 8000 miles?! Thats 12000ks twice what was in the zx10r manual!
8000 mile oil/filter changes have been in the manual since at least 2009

My 2017 S1 quickshifts like butter, but it's factory. I even upshift while leaned over.

25th Anniversary Edition CBR1000S1 Hurricane
post #10 of 38 Old 06-12-2017, 07:59 AM
Zjc455

One other thing to check for the hell of it - there is a little dot on the shift-shaft that should be aligned with the gap in the shift rod connector/knuckle. You may want to make sure your dealership aligned it. If they forgot to activate it, maybe they didn't pay attention to how it was aligned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page