What are my options - 08 1000RR is burning oil like mad? - Page 37 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #361 of 880 Old 08-12-2008, 08:10 PM
2fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
OK so what happened djhartm?

PM me if you don't want to tell the world.

I can't stand threads that go forever like this and then suddenly end with nothing. That sh!t ain't right.

Just like the thread where the dude claimed he was going to do what no one else could and crack the Honda ECU. I wanted to call BS from the beginning but didn't bother and now, nothing but silence from him either.

JJ
He's still working on it.. Be patient.

'08 1kRR x2
Fargo, ND
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 880 Old 08-13-2008, 03:08 AM
ripvanwinkle
Banned Camp Counselor

Quote:

I can't stand threads that go forever like this and then suddenly end with nothing. That sh!t ain't right.

Just like the thread where the dude claimed he was going to do what no one else could and crack the Honda ECU. I wanted to call BS from the beginning but didn't bother and now, nothing but silence from him either.

JJ
they're working together; it gets back the high rpm power, but uses all your oil.
quality solutions take time and some people also have jobs, families...
post #363 of 880 Old 08-13-2008, 05:28 AM
intruder61
Lifetime Premium

Quote:

JJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by djhartm View Post
Their attorney sent my attorney the agreement this afternoon. I have not seen it yet, but TPS said it looked fine to them, so if I am ok with it, I will sign tomorrow.

you will probably sign documentation to not post what outcome has been finalised between you and them....(and your bike will be fixed or replaced)

this forum is a headache for honda...on this issue, because IT IS AN ISSUE WORLDWIDE.

"WE'VE TURNED INTO THIS NATION OF OVERFED CLOWNS, RIDING AROUND IN CLOWN CARS, EATING CLOWN FOOD, WATCHING CLOWN SHOWS. WE'VE BECOME A NATION OF CRINGING CRAVEN FUCKUPS."

James Howard Kuntsler.
post #364 of 880 Old 08-13-2008, 11:40 PM
KELEVRA
Living for the Burn..

Ok, after skimming through all 37 pages, I'm seeing only one or two people with this oil burning issue? Is this really a large scale problem, or simply a few isolated incidents?
post #365 of 880 Old 08-13-2008, 11:51 PM
resuscit8u
SV Racer

Isolated at best from what I can tell.

Jim
03 SV650S Track Only
#892 CCS MW Am/ASRA Pro

post #366 of 880 Old 08-14-2008, 12:40 AM
Joyridn
Draggin Elbow

The ? I have is how do you ride your bike? and how did you break it in? My new 08 had 1.1 miles and went straight the the track after 4 hot/colds in the shop... It was rode hard it's first 100 mile that particular day, and now is a raped ape... and burns no oil... just wondering if you guys with this oil burning problem really never rip the throttle as hard as you think for long period's of time and really seat the rings well? From my racing experience and evidence of motor tear downs, all that bs about slow break in's is really bad for your motor... Another thing to know is the first initial start up of your bike for the day... let that motor IDLE to running temp of at least 200 deg. on your temp gauge... that should be around 160 deg real motor temp... before to take off riding that beast... 90% of motor damage happens when ripping the throttle before the in engine is at true running temp. Hope this helps some of us....

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS
NESBA|BAZZAZ|CHICKENHAWKRACING|FMF|VORTEX|ATTACK|M 4|LEOVINCE|GPSUS.|KFG|FUZIMOTO RACE ENGINES|WMRRA|
OMRRA|SSBMW|FURYGAN|ARAI|RK/EXCEL|
MY LOVING WIFE|
post #367 of 880 Old 08-14-2008, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
djhartm

The issue was not related to break-in.
post #368 of 880 Old 08-14-2008, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
djhartm

OK, looked over the agreement this evening; there are no disclosure restrictions.

Honda is putting me in a new bike at no cost.

TPS is offering all upgraded parts at cost. They do not have my color in stock (maroon/gray), so herein lies the quandary.

They have a bike in stock with VIN #9361, that they are willing to swap the plastics off of.

They have also located an identically colored bike, but that VIN # is 1508, which is very close to my problematic VIN #1472.

I am thinking the later VIN # would be the best option.

Thoughts?
post #369 of 880 Old 08-14-2008, 09:11 PM
arod35

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhartm View Post
OK, looked over the agreement this evening; there are no disclosure restrictions.

Honda is putting me in a new bike at no cost.

TPS is offering all upgraded parts at cost. They do not have my color in stock (maroon/gray), so herein lies the quandary.

They have a bike in stock with VIN #9361, that they are willing to swap the plastics off of.

They have also located an identically colored bike, but that VIN # is 1508, which is very close to my problematic VIN #1472.

I am thinking the later VIN # would be the best option.

Thoughts?
who knows, i have a brand new crate motor shipped from honda of japan that burns oil and smokes under heavy throttle, i just don't care anymore
post #370 of 880 Old 08-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Daca
lelemud

Quote:
Originally Posted by resuscit8u View Post
Isolated at best from what I can tell.

.. and

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod35 View Post
who knows, i have a brand new crate motor shipped from honda of japan that burns oil and smokes under heavy throttle, i just don't care anymore

Hmm ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page