What are my options - 08 1000RR is burning oil like mad? - Page 45 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #441 of 880 Old 08-17-2008, 10:28 AM
yakineko
09 HRC

blacknight1 you make sense but, please 2fast and you continue your chat somewhere else, because there are more people like djhartm and this will not help us, eventually they will lock this thread.

I'm sure resuscit8u will happily close this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #442 of 880 Old 08-17-2008, 10:42 AM
resuscit8u
SV Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight1 View Post
I call BS because you guys were beating DJ ragged right and left. He constantly asked you guys to lay off and actually did so in a nice manner several times. You guys ignored his requests to lay off with the salt in the wound comments. Now that Honda has decided to give him a new bike your response is still, well you screwed up but some how your getting a new bike!

Thats just lame. Connect the dots, Honda couldn't legally prove that the issues he was having was due to his mishandlings. Someone stated how this whole lawyer thing works for big corps. You get some lawyers on the pay roll and they fight cases for you. They get paid x dollars a year regardless of how many trials or hours. I just don't get why so many of you are in denial about this. Its pretty obvious what happened.

I dont think it was anything like this bash fest. It seemed to me like you didn't want anyone to say I told you so, which is all it would have been.

I will not post for a few days as I have obviously stirred the pot on this one.
Nothing here is obvious. Honda could have easily won this one without breaking a sweat at any point in the process. This was a goodwill replacement on Honda's part, and whether djhartm admits it publicly or not, he damn well knows it to be true.

As for the I told you so remarks-

Make up your mind- is there a problem with these bikes as you seem to believe? Or, is the tuning issue really related to the bullshit emissions claim that Honda made?

You can say I told you so all that you want. It does not matter to me, since I believe the press release to be absolute bullshit anyway, and I believed it to be bullshit when I first read it a week before it went public and was posted on RRW.

Jim
03 SV650S Track Only
#892 CCS MW Am/ASRA Pro

post #443 of 880 Old 08-17-2008, 11:38 AM
2008 RR
~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Honda couldn't legally prove that the issues he was having was due to his mishandlings.
So of course that means they weren't, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhartm View Post
Well, I went to look at my 'new' bike yesterday. TPS already performed the dealer trade, so I will have to cross my fingers with the lower VIN (001508) maroon/gray unit.

A few minor niggles to work out, but I hope to have possession by mid-week.
Did your counsel advise you to hold off on the mods until a couple thousand miles this time? That dealership better run for cover if this bike has the same problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by resuscit8u View Post
Or, is the tuning issue really related to the bullshit emissions claim that Honda made?

You can say I told you so all that you want. It does not matter to me, since I believe the press release to be absolute bullshit anyway, and I believed it to be bullshit when I first read it a week before it went public and was posted on RRW.
The top end neutering being related to sound emissons is not bullshit in my opinion. It makes perfect sense financially to produce one exhaust worldwide, if in fact it is the same exhaust worldwide, and just meet the U.S. EPA regs with an electronic band-aid.

1995 CR500 - 2008 CBR1000RR
post #444 of 880 Old 08-17-2008, 12:06 PM
hiside

Given their admitted top-end castration of 08MY US bikes, did Honda officially abandon their "Performance First" advertising mantra?

Perhaps the oil burning and top-end castration postings should be stickied since they have the most reads/postings of just about any thread that I've seen on this forum. I'm sure anyone considering one of these bikes would be glad to read the info before making the financial leap. Then again, I'm sure that Honda wishes all this would quietly go away so the chance of it happening is very small.

2004 Fireblade - Black
Micron Serpent Full System
PC3usb
320mm Rotors
16/42 Sprockets
Flapper Removed
Puig Double-Bubble
Rear Fender Eliminator
Speedo Healer
Flushmount Front Signals
161.9rwhp, 79.1ftlbs - STD correction
post #445 of 880 Old 08-17-2008, 12:19 PM
spinkick
1000RR Pilot

Pry not, given that the 08 is sportbike of the year in many publications; id say that the bike has plenty of performance on the table.

2008 1000RR
post #446 of 880 Old 08-17-2008, 02:00 PM
sheland

Quote:
Originally Posted by resuscit8u View Post
Nothing here is obvious. Honda could have easily won this one without breaking a sweat at any point in the process. This was a goodwill replacement on Honda's part, and whether djhartm admits it publicly or not, he damn well knows it to be true.

As for the I told you so remarks-

Make up your mind- is there a problem with these bikes as you seem to believe? Or, is the tuning issue really related to the bullshit emissions claim that Honda made?

I completely disagree with you. Having a counsel definitely helped DJ. You think Honda gave a new bike because Honda 'liked' DJ. Well he could be a great guy but not enough for Honda to throw $10,000 on his way.

From the beginning itself you were one among the few who where ridiculing and mocking DJ on his plight.

It could be true that DJ might have made some mistakes regarding maintaining his motorcycle. If Honda could prove that current state of the motorcycle was caused by DJ's negligence, Honda would never give away a motorcycle.

Now go ahead and close this thread too.
post #447 of 880 Old 08-17-2008, 05:04 PM
intruder61
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheland View Post
I completely disagree with you. Having a counsel definitely helped DJ. You think Honda gave a new bike because Honda 'liked' DJ. Well he could be a great guy but not enough for Honda to throw $10,000 on his way.

From the beginning itself you were one among the few who where ridiculing and mocking DJ on his plight.

It could be true that DJ might have made some mistakes regarding maintaining his motorcycle. If Honda could prove that current state of the motorcycle was caused by DJ's negligence, Honda would never give away a motorcycle.

by the way ...welcome

"WE'VE TURNED INTO THIS NATION OF OVERFED CLOWNS, RIDING AROUND IN CLOWN CARS, EATING CLOWN FOOD, WATCHING CLOWN SHOWS. WE'VE BECOME A NATION OF CRINGING CRAVEN FUCKUPS."

James Howard Kuntsler.
post #448 of 880 Old 08-17-2008, 05:55 PM
JimmyJam
PISS OFF!

Quote:
I call BS because you guys were beating DJ ragged right and left. He constantly asked you guys to lay off and actually did so in a nice manner several times. You guys ignored his requests to lay off with the salt in the wound comments. Now that Honda has decided to give him a new bike your response is still, well you screwed up but some how your getting a new bike!

OK, I'm going to have agree with all your points above. Even though dj knew I was sympathetic to his cause, I never felt the lawyer angle was going to help him and said as much, so you are correct.

JJ
post #449 of 880 Old 08-17-2008, 06:09 PM
resuscit8u
SV Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheland View Post

Many manufacturers frequently will do something for a customer out of goodwill, even if they have no responsibility to do so, and I feel that is what they have done here. Honda included. I have witnessed this in the past myself, so my experience vs. your assumptions = I win.

Jim
03 SV650S Track Only
#892 CCS MW Am/ASRA Pro

post #450 of 880 Old 08-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Litre Kid
Lifetime Premium

Not to mention they will probably want to study the bike to see the causes to his problem. Every transmission we have fail in a car is sent back and analyzed where I work.

08 Silver/Black.

Honda, like being powered by the sun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page