What are my options - 08 1000RR is burning oil like mad? - Page 50 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #491 of 880 Old 10-01-2008, 05:13 AM
mentalfacility
MENTAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baiazid View Post
Today they filled up with "Honda Genuine Oil" (some shit rebranded with honda: 20w50 mineral).

1000km to go
same here

08 1k. One horny motorcycle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #492 of 880 Old 10-05-2008, 11:24 PM
r88r88

sorry to hear that bro
post #493 of 880 Old 10-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Bladerunner17

A friend of mine had his 08 replaced by Honda Australia for oil burning issues.

There is no Jardine love here
post #494 of 880 Old 10-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Daca
lelemud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner17 View Post
A friend of mine had his 08 replaced by Honda Australia for oil burning issues.

This is good to know.
post #495 of 880 Old 10-09-2008, 07:16 AM
REKLOOSE
TEAM GAAAD!!!

CRAP.. i must have an australian model. i just left mine at the shop with oil burning issues, about 2+ qt.'s every 1000 miles.. exhaust tip is black and have oil residue there, a lil wet., and keep getting this false neutral.. from day 1 with the shifting .....probably bent shift fork. theyre looking at it now..will post what the outcome is.....

"MAJOR THREAT!"
post #496 of 880 Old 10-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Baiazid

Quote:
Originally Posted by REKLOOSE View Post
CRAP.. i must have an australian model. i just left mine at the shop with oil burning issues, about 2+ qt.'s every 1000 miles.. exhaust tip is black and have oil residue there, a lil wet., and keep getting this false neutral.. from day 1 with the shifting .....probably bent shift fork. theyre looking at it now..will post what the outcome is.....

When I picked up my bike from them I showed them the same black burned oil on the exhaust. Their answer: THAT IS NORMAL

Then they told me the oil loss was from a broken O-ring from oil filter.
I told them something like: so 600ml of oil in 1000km leaking on the hot engine without fumes or smell?

PATETIC!!!

But maybe with ppl who don't know a little bit mechanics ... this commercial bullshit is working.
post #497 of 880 Old 12-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Baiazid

After 1000km they measured the oil. Conclusion 1lit / 1000km.

They will change the piston rings with new version of them (honda released new piston rings for this model).
post #498 of 880 Old 12-05-2008, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
djhartm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baiazid View Post
After 1000km they measured the oil. Conclusion 1lit / 1000km.

They will change the piston rings with new version of them (honda released new piston rings for this model).
This is encouraging, but not in alignment with what the DSM told me recently.
post #499 of 880 Old 12-05-2008, 04:28 PM
diel11

He's right. They have different rings. Funny thing I hear is they didn't incorporate them into the 09's. What's even funnier is how as of right now Honda is still saying that there is not a problem. This was known from the beginning, it was even posted before how if you put Pistal pistons in with their own rings magically the bikes wouldn't consume oil. Wonder what's going to happen with all the other problems that are surfacing now. Amazing how people think that because they got 5k miles on the bike and nothing has happened they got "one of the good ones".
post #500 of 880 Old 12-05-2008, 05:33 PM
REKLOOSE
TEAM GAAAD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diel11 View Post
He's right. They have different rings. Funny thing I hear is they didn't incorporate them into the 09's. What's even funnier is how as of right now Honda is still saying that there is not a problem. This was known from the beginning, it was even posted before how if you put Pistal pistons in with their own rings magically the bikes wouldn't consume oil. Wonder what's going to happen with all the other problems that are surfacing now. Amazing how people think that because they got 5k miles on the bike and nothing has happened they got "one of the good ones".
+1..the dealer had my bike..now they tell me to ride it for 500 miles.. well that would mean most likely that id be 2 qt's low by 500 or even more..i mean i was burning 1/4 of a qt. on a little ride like 40-80 miles..this thing was smoking on dececelration on my way home.. the guy even marked the oil filler cap and stated not to check or add oil and to touch nothing... i am not amused right now b/c its below 40 degrees where im at and they want 500 miles ridden then bring back to shop. I cant wait to bring it back and hear what they say.. like oil burning is normal crap.. yeah right.. im so pissed, got the paint job, and got DOVIZIOSO to sign gas tank at indy and got that clear coated.... but wonder what theyre gonna conclude with my problem???its normal to burn oil.. just keep adding.....its a race engine its gonna burn some oil....youll be alright they all do that...im so pissed!!!!

"MAJOR THREAT!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page