2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Won't Start : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #1

Question 2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Won't Start

I have included a video link showing my attempt at starting my bike.

#1.) I slid my bike on ice about a month ago causing cosmetic damage cornering at 10-15 mph. I rode my bike the day after, but have not started my bike since.

#2.) I replaced the battery with a Western Power Sport battery that is fully charged and pre-activated (as stated in the manual, online, and by the seller). Nothing has changed since replacing the battery.

#3.) When I press start, the bike whirs, which you can see and hear in the video, but will not start the bike.

#4.) The trip odometer reads 73 miles and I always reset my odometer when I fill up with gas. When I crashed my bike, I didn't lose any gas, so I should have enough gas for 20-40 more miles.

#5.) My bike is garage kept on the west coast so the temp doesn't drop below 40.
1000-hardy-haR-haR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2010, 06:56 AM   #2

seems to be cranking kind of slow, no? Mine cranks way faster than that. Has it always cranked that slow? As with anything, check your fuel, even if you think there's some in there, add it anyway. Good luck, keep posting. I'm curious to know what it would be if it isn't the fuel
Ricky1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #3
Nothing lasts foreverů

Check the Big 3...

Fuel ...Air...Spark...

Have you recently lifted your gas tank since the accident...You may have pinched the overflow line...Which won't allow the gas to "suck" that would be my fisrt guess...Happened to me after my tank recall... when you lower teh tank you really need to guide the air lines...so they dont pinch...

2006 1KRR Candy Blue and Yellow (fastest color)
Sato Ti S/O
PCIII
K&N filters
15 front 42 rear
Speedohealer
Competition Werkes FE
154.55 RWHP (Stock w/Slip on)
sweetdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdeal View Post
Check the Big 3...

Fuel ...Air...Spark...

Have you recently lifted your gas tank since the accident...You may have pinched the overflow line...Which won't allow the gas to "suck" that would be my fisrt guess...Happened to me after my tank recall... when you lower teh tank you really need to guide the air lines...so they dont pinch...
I will have to check the three. My only comment regarding pinching the overflow line is that I rode my bike the day after the accident and everything was fine.
1000-hardy-haR-haR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:33 AM   #5
Nothing lasts foreverů

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000-hardy-haR-haR View Post
I will have to check the three. My only comment regarding pinching the overflow line is that I rode my bike the day after the accident and everything was fine.
That why i asked if you had since moved the tank or anything...A wise mechanic told me...The first place to check, is the last place somebody was...

After the crash did you do anything at all or just park it? Plastics, levers,foot controls..etc??? Whatever you have done last, start there??

2006 1KRR Candy Blue and Yellow (fastest color)
Sato Ti S/O
PCIII
K&N filters
15 front 42 rear
Speedohealer
Competition Werkes FE
154.55 RWHP (Stock w/Slip on)
sweetdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
Kamikaze

Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key on?

Is the kill switch set to run?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMattyD View Post
i hope you all die in fires.
philip1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky1213 View Post
seems to be cranking kind of slow, no? Mine cranks way faster than that. Has it always cranked that slow? As with anything, check your fuel, even if you think there's some in there, add it anyway. Good luck, keep posting. I'm curious to know what it would be if it isn't the fuel
I agree. Mine cranks waaaaaay faster than that. Sounds like it's not getting enough juice to start. Hell it's barely turning over. I'd say check out that new battery.
McGowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #8

Check your fuses also, your starter shouldn't be going that slow. Check to make sure your power cables are nice and tight and the ground is strapped securely to the frame. I think it is a spark issue.

If not that, then I think your starter is bad.
Yimke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:05 PM   #9
Trackday junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowan View Post
I agree. Mine cranks waaaaaay faster than that. Sounds like it's not getting enough juice to start. Hell it's barely turning over. I'd say check out that new battery.
+1
once my battery lost some juice from sitting in garage and it would crank way faster than yours and still not start, charged the battery and right away
Dudutzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #10
GRD

Not getting enough current from the battry. Either it does not have enough or there is a bad connection. The dashlights would not dim that much if the current was OK. Normally they just give a bit of a flicker. Also cranking way too slow.
GRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement