Anyone regret going from a 600rr to a 1000rr? - Page 9 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #81
Georgia Interstate Bullet
 
Old Sloppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 111
I started out on My 1000rr, I have never been on a 600rr.

You need to respect the power, especially accelerating out of a corner...

I am very comfortable on my 1000, however I can see how other people would feel better on a 600.

a 1000 requires more self control on the throttle, a 600 tends not to spin the tire when exiting a corner.
In this area there is a big difference in safety.

I was on my way to work on the interstate, there was a cluster of cars behind me and another cluster up ahead.
So I give it about half throttle to join the other group of cars up ahead,
I glanced at my speedo, read 151 mph. It felt like 90 mph ...

This 1000rr has a lot of power, you just gotta use some self control thats all......

I can see why a lot of people say to buy a 600rr , you gotta be carefull........

Then on my way home from work Friday I was in a 45 mph zone, I looked down at my speedo because a police car just passed going the other way, I was going 88 mph, with only a little throttle..low rpm's at that speed...

my muffler is stock, bike is really quiet and I enjoy the high torque.

Harry
__________________
600 cc = Crotch Rocket
1000 cc = Super Bike

(some folks are confused about this)



GM certified Tech.
ASE certified Master Tech.
ASE certified L-1 Tech.
Nissan certified Master Tech.
Old Sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #82
Georgia Interstate Bullet
 
Old Sloppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbafree View Post
to me, it's the difference b/t a fast miata and a viper. I am addicted to the torque.
I Agree......
I can see how some would feel overwhelmed in a Viper.......just not me.


Harry
__________________
600 cc = Crotch Rocket
1000 cc = Super Bike

(some folks are confused about this)



GM certified Tech.
ASE certified Master Tech.
ASE certified L-1 Tech.
Nissan certified Master Tech.
Old Sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
numbafree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,026
I meant the power of a viper or a GT3. if I could upgrade the crappy OEM suspension in a viper I'd be fine

but that's the power difference b/t a 600 and a 1000. hopefully one day I'll be able to pin it, with a wheelie out of the corners, ha!
numbafree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #84
SRM
Senior Member
 
SRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sloppy View Post
I started out on My 1000rr, I have never been on a 600rr.

You need to respect the power, especially accelerating out of a corner...

I am very comfortable on my 1000, however I can see how other people would feel better on a 600.

a 1000 requires more self control on the throttle, a 600 tends not to spin the tire when exiting a corner.
In this area there is a big difference in safety.

I was on my way to work on the interstate, there was a cluster of cars behind me and another cluster up ahead.
So I give it about half throttle to join the other group of cars up ahead,
I glanced at my speedo, read 151 mph. It felt like 90 mph ...

This 1000rr has a lot of power, you just gotta use some self control thats all......

I can see why a lot of people say to buy a 600rr , you gotta be carefull........

Then on my way home from work Friday I was in a 45 mph zone, I looked down at my speedo because a police car just passed going the other way, I was going 88 mph, with only a little throttle..low rpm's at that speed...

my muffler is stock, bike is really quiet and I enjoy the high torque.

Harry
Most of your post is correct, but your full of sh*t if you think 151 feels like 90!


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
SRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #85
Senior Member
 
d207gp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bay Area NorCal
Posts: 4,269
Track bike: 600
Street bike: 1000
__________________
Charlie, We don't want tuna with good taste. We want tuna that tastes good, smells good and puts out.
d207gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #86
Senior Member
 
Steviegx33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 225
I'd honestly say your best bet is to take the insurance money and get a decent 08 1krr, and use the leftover to get an 08+ r6 for a track bike.

It's the best combo you can have
__________________
08 Black/Silver CBR1000RR-street & track, all black on the track

09 black r6- track only

Steviegx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #87
Senior Member
 
d207gp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bay Area NorCal
Posts: 4,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegx33 View Post
I'd honestly say your best bet is to take the insurance money and get a decent 08 1krr, and use the leftover to get an 08+ r6 for a track bike.

It's the best combo you can have


Now you're talkin'.
__________________
Charlie, We don't want tuna with good taste. We want tuna that tastes good, smells good and puts out.
d207gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:28 AM   #88
Senior Member
 
CBR484RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: McKinney
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegx33 View Post
I'd honestly say your best bet is to take the insurance money and get a decent 08 1krr, and use the leftover to get an 08+ r6 for a track bike.

It's the best combo you can have
+1 on a 600 for the track . Wish I had one for the track they are flickable and have enough power to have fun and ride with the big bikes if you are fast enough in the corners.
CBR484RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #89
Senior Member
 
Steviegx33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR484RR View Post
+1 on a 600 for the track . Wish I had one for the track they are flickable and have enough power to have fun and ride with the big bikes if you are fast enough in the corners.
for sure. I love the liter on the track from time to time, but only on tracks that have crazy straights and are high-speed. Road atlanta's front stretch is 130-140ish and the backstretch is 170+ on a liter, but at any other track around me the 6 is perfect. The ONLY complaint I have is the low end power on the 6's. Other than that, they're a blast

__________________
08 Black/Silver CBR1000RR-street & track, all black on the track

09 black r6- track only

Steviegx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #90
Senior Member
 
d207gp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bay Area NorCal
Posts: 4,269
My last track bike was an old 2003 ZX6R 636. Had full ti Akra, Penske, Brembo, the works. After a brief learning curve (mainly dialing in the suspension for me, and convincing myself that middleweights like to be flogged mercilessly), my times improved over those when I expressly rode 1000's at trackdays.

It was an awesome feeling passing literbikes in corners.
__________________
Charlie, We don't want tuna with good taste. We want tuna that tastes good, smells good and puts out.
d207gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


» Latest Forum Topics
Fireblade SP
03-09-2014 09:03 AM
Last post by justin
Today 09:42 AM
152 Replies, 5,072 Views
Dunlop Q3 190/55/17 sets-$243!!
02-20-2014 12:22 PM
Last post by Funvtec
Today 09:41 AM
38 Replies, 1,592 Views
Going back to stock. Maybe!!!
04-18-2014 08:10 AM
Last post by MrDude_1
Today 09:27 AM
23 Replies, 346 Views
ATLANTA ROLL CALL
11-12-2012 10:49 AM
Last post by fleecer
Today 09:21 AM
21 Replies, 1,021 Views
how to clean back wheel?
Yesterday 03:27 PM
Last post by WolfpackFBNS
Today 09:10 AM
15 Replies, 169 Views
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 1000RR Prices
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum