thought i'd share my bike and its progress : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #1

thought i'd share my bike and its progress

thought i would start a thread showing my bike from the day i bought it to the current day and in the next week or two what i will get to.

soooo this is my story:

In west philidelphia born n raised.. haha jk... but seriously, last year i started riding and i rode my dads 96 1000 hurricane for about 2 months before i was like, screw this shit i need my own bike and one thats faster... so at first my buddy almost convinced me to buy a 600 and im glad he didnt, its just too slow for me. im an adrenaline junky and i need that pull and excitement that we all get from our stacks.. after looking for about 2 weeks i came upon this all black 04 cbr1000rr that was listed for 5,200. i emailed him asking if he would take 4800 and he agreed. 3 days later, i owned my new(brand new for me) cbr. all she needed was some tires and to tighten the steering stem.

soo this is how she looked the day i got her: use attachments? lol getting used to this picture uploading...
Attached Thumbnails
thought i'd share my bike and its progress-new-bike-1.jpg   thought i'd share my bike and its progress-new-bike-2.jpg  

thought i'd share my bike and its progress-new-bike-3.jpg   thought i'd share my bike and its progress-speedo.jpg  

cbrguy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #2
*** Beer 30 ***

Looks good and congrats
Boeingdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #3

So that was in September of last year(2011)... so back to my life story, 3 weeks after i bought my bike, as i was awaiting my new tires, i was on my way home from school on a chilly day and the unthinkable happened... i ate shit but heres how it happened and the results... as i was coming home from school i was super happy still considering my bike was only 3 weeks old and i saw a friend. so i got excited and got next to him and was all like, ya look at my bike blah blah(not showing off but just showing a friend that hasnt seen it). so when i was doing this, there was traffic behind me and this bitch started honking at me and yelling, so i like gestured that there was no where to go and if she wanted to go around me. the bitch ended up going around me all pissed off. when i was done talking to my friend i got back into traffic and i guess this woman thought i was all mad and acting like a fool so she BRAKE CHECKED me so bad that i had no choice to slam the front and back brakes and my front tire slid out thankfully i was wearing my helmet, gloves, and a jacked because it all got messed up and i got some pretty bad road rash on my knee and foot. i didnt have frame sliders either so i scratched up the fairings pretty good and broke one of my bar ends lol
Attached Thumbnails
thought i'd share my bike and its progress-road-rash.jpg   thought i'd share my bike and its progress-accident-1-1.jpg  

Old 08-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #4

with all of that happenening and me being a student on a tight budget, i had to resort to bondo, fiberglassing, and spray paint. only one thing, never done this before lol. it was a good experience. heres some pics of the fixin... and the final result.
Attached Thumbnails
thought i'd share my bike and its progress-fixin-4.jpg   thought i'd share my bike and its progress-fixin-3.jpg  

thought i'd share my bike and its progress-fixin-2.jpg   thought i'd share my bike and its progress-fixin-1.jpg  

thought i'd share my bike and its progress-fixt-1.jpg   thought i'd share my bike and its progress-fixt-2.jpg  

Old 08-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #5

i rode like this for awhile until my luck ran out... again. i couldnt believe it. i mean im not going to get into detail, but i ride like an asshole on the highway, but i crash on side streets(which i would take over a fall at 150+).

This time i was at a friends house in elmwood park and i didnt know the neighborhood very well. as i was leaving, i was just cruising down the street doing 25-30 as would like 90% of us and i didnt know there was an intersection coming up until i saw lights across the street. at this point i was already scared of the front brake so in my head i thought, damn im not going to stop, but try to slow down enough so he wont go through the intersection and kill me. well i didnt get hit, but i didnt stop either. the front tire bounced on the shitty pavement and slid out again. the bike at this point slid about 50+ feet across the intersection into a parked impala. it would have been fine if it werent for that parked car
Attached Thumbnails
thought i'd share my bike and its progress-crash-1.jpg   thought i'd share my bike and its progress-crash-2.jpg  

thought i'd share my bike and its progress-crash-3.jpg   thought i'd share my bike and its progress-crash-4.jpg  

Old 08-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #6

after my seperated shoulder healed, i bought all the parts needed to get the bike running again, welded some stuff back together, and ghetto rigged my headlight on so i could legally ride lol. i only had liability so i had to buy everthing myself. for example... front rim, triple trees, my right handle bar assembly, brake reservoir, etc. this is how it looks now until i get my new fairings which i ordered from grindazinc.net... ive heard multiple horror stories about them and they seem semi accurate... like the fact they take 3 months to send your shit. its been about 2 1/2 months and all i have is the rear hugger, rear seat cowl, and the bottom halves of the sides. paints good, but you can see that he didnt paint in the cleanest environment. theres little specs here n there where u can see that. overall paint is a 8- 8.5

also while the bike was down and i was looking, i bought an akrapovic exhaust
Attached Thumbnails
thought i'd share my bike and its progress-crash-5.jpg   thought i'd share my bike and its progress-new-1.jpg  

thought i'd share my bike and its progress-new-2.jpg   thought i'd share my bike and its progress-new-3.jpg  

thought i'd share my bike and its progress-new-4.jpg   thought i'd share my bike and its progress-new-5.jpg  

thought i'd share my bike and its progress-new-6.jpg  
Old 08-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #7
Locked and Loaded

This is a great example of why you should start with a more manageable motorcycle. Glad you are ok. Keep on keepin on.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:03 AM   #8
Goose

Well, good to hear it's all getting sorted. Get some proper pants!!! And would probably be worth getting used to those brakes. Find somewhere to get on em, bit by bit, so this shit doesn't happen again!!
Good luck on the build.
Shamizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #9

thanks for the support and stuff... yeah it wasnt that getting on a litre bike was bad, it was not realizing the stupid stuff... BEING A ROOKIE and thinking im a PRO lol.. my best advice from this is to learn to respect the bike. you have to play in sync
Old 08-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #10

You worry about being able to handle the bike on side streets but you ride like an asshole at 150 on the highway? Thanks for the high insurance premiums.
Dsking86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement