Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #12

Nice sharing of your experiences. Most of us have been there I suppose
BurningMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #13

Nice, that abt sums it up
bborkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #14

I work away from home a lot. I take the bike with me when I can but most of the time it's not possible.
That first ride when I get home after being gone for 2 or 3 weeks is always amazing. Can't think of anything I would rather be doing at that particular moment and I feel so alive.
Skinjured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #15

yes suh!
isocyanates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:05 AM   #16

WELL SAID!!!
San Diego CBR1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #17
Ex-Everything

The song "Take the Long Way Home" had to be written by a rider.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #18

perfect
Ryco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #19

Agreed! Even in some of the crap weather I have been in, I have always thought that there isn't anything more that I would rather be doing. It's definitely an addiction, no matter what you ride.

Josh
jch82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #20

Some great comments there. "8 mile ride takes an hour". LOL, you've got to try going faster than 8mph on these things!!!!!

"110 in a 60 almost cost me my CDL" Yeah, brings to mind something someone just told me - Pass a school bus with its lights on and you might as well just mail in your license; it's as good as gone." Not that I've ever done that, ever.

But there's no question, when there's a lot of open highway ahead and I'm being stuffed by a few clueless cagers who are doing the same speed and blocking me, no doubt the flickity-flick getting by them once a window opens would piss off a lot of PA's finest. But I wanna be clear - I do not terrorize people, I just pass them. (Close sometimes, though... Rrrrrrrreeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) What I'll never understand is riding up behind a car, inches away. Like a cop in a cruiser would do. Crazies on sportbikes do it a lot. And when the highway is jammed and there's no where to go anyway... WTF?!?!? That's truly obnoxious and squidlike. No cop will ever catch me doing that because I don't ride in anger, I ride with love. Love keeps me from getting frustrated and making angry moves that result in stupid mistakes. If I get stuffed by a cager or biker and I can't thread the needle with whatever safety margin I feel I need - then I'm stuffed. I put on the brakes, and calmly wait until a lane opens up and I can move again. I know I'm vulnerable. Anyways it's only cause I didn't accelerate hard enough and I just need to go twice as fast and aggressive next time. (kidding!)

I wrote a letter to Sportrider called "I'm beginning to understand why some riders quit public roads" and the point of it was, that there's a lot of lunacy going on out there. Several close calls happened to me, close together within a few weeks. Sometimes your worst enemies are other cyclists out to dust you. One guy wouldn't even let me get a look at his bike. Every time I tried to get near him, slow and easy pulling up to have a look at his ride, he was searching for escape routes like a dangerous maniac because to him, it was a race. Me pulling up alongside him would be like... the ultimate defeat. That's nuts.

Just ride with love guys and girls. If I do get stopped, I can say to any cop, yes I was speeding, but I wasn't driving like a maniac. Unless they saw that one thing I did...
Yoshi R-77 full, SS shawty/Pirelli Angels/Hotbodies tail kit/Throttlemeister/CRG Spectrum Roll-A-Click shawtys/GB Racing engine covers/Honda eCushion seat/Carbone Lorraine brakes/Spiegler braided lines (orange)/Cox radiator guard/Radiator spaced for fan clearance/Engine Ice coolant/Dynojet PC-V/Dynojet IRC/K&N AF/Flapper mod
FIAMM Freeway blaster horns/Repsol 4T Racing 3L oil/SportRider suggested suspension settings (preload left stock)
Hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement