06 hard to/ wont start after warm - Page 2 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #11

maybe you have a bad stator
| BMC AF |
| Dynojet PCV & IRC |
| [b] ASV |
| [b] Vortex GC |
| [b] Gilles Tooling AS31GT |
| Competition Werkes FE |
| Galfers Lines |
| [b] Sato S/ Hooks |
| R&G Engine Slider |
| OEM Solo Cowl |
| Healtech GIPRO DS |
| '12 CBR1000RR wheels |
| '12 Digital Dash |
| Honda E*Cushion |
repsolRR1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #12

I don't the stator is bad because I basically kill the battery trying to start it and once its running its good to go....I honestly think its a fuel problem running to rich
06_RR_KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:17 AM   #13
Goose

Being too rich is not your problem. (At a guess, it would need to be super extremely rich for this to cause it, like black smoke everywhere rich)

What exactly does it do? Cold? Warm? Hot?

Is it the same under all conditions?

Have plugs been changed before?

What fuel are you running?

Did it always do it? Or has it started recently? When it sarted, had you changed something? Pulled anything off? Put anything on?

I dunno if I can diagnose it from here. But need answers to the above to start thinking about it.

Peace!!
Shamizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #14
Goose

Oops, missed one, was already asked, but does it turn easy when hot? Does it feel like the crank is spinning as quickly as it does when cold?
Old 10-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #15

Ya its spins the same just doesn't even try to start... just turns over I'll pull the plugs and see what we see
Old 10-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #16
Goose

Can't really diagnose anything without more info.
What does it idle at hot?
Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #17

id say 1250
Old 10-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #18
Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamizzle View Post
Being too rich is not your problem. (At a guess, it would need to be super extremely rich for this to cause it, like black smoke everywhere rich)

What exactly does it do? Cold? Warm? Hot?

Is it the same under all conditions?

Have plugs been changed before?

What fuel are you running?

Did it always do it? Or has it started recently? When it sarted, had you changed something? Pulled anything off? Put anything on?

I dunno if I can diagnose it from here. But need answers to the above to start thinking about it.

Peace!!
Help me out here dude. Neither me nor anyone else can on here has the bike infront of them. What does it do? Specifically. What have you done? Specifically. Bla bla bla bla?? Specifically. Feel free to get a little wordy in your response..
Old 11-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #19

for me it started month ago when it started to get cold in the morning or at night. ill start the bike up fine then ill ride it to the gas station about 2 to 3 mile so the bike will be 160 to 180 dergrees get gas which take a couple of minutes then start the bike turn key to on flip kill switch fuel pump comes on and try to start cranks normal doesnt slow down after i got the bike to turn on road home turned bike off then flipped the switch back on and i started back up fine. did it before i changed my plugs and after i changed my plugs i , running 91 octane. think its only when you let sit for like 5 minutes after you turn it off. im guessing a sensor maybe running different gas. i dont think its running rich which i thought so it would foul the spark plug cause it dont put out black smoke after you start it.
strojan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #20
Goose

Sorry, I'm not sure if I'm quite understanding you. It works perfectly when riding?

So when it gives trouble starting, does it work fine afterward? Cruise, full throttle, mid throttle.
What about before it gives starting the trouble? Does it do anything weird, again, full, cruis, mid.

Do you use the kill switch every time you stop? If so stop using it, Just to rule it out.
(It'd be a ridiculous senario, but hypothetically, it could be a sticky contact in the kill switch, mind you, I haven't looked into the mech on a cbr, but would be an easy thing to rule out)

When it gives you probs, do you hear that fuel pump whine when you first turn the key?

91 octane, you're in North America yeh? 91 AKI is the goods, but 95 RON anywhere else. Same diff. Just different measuring scales. This wouldn't be the prob, just checking.

Does it try to kick audibly when it wont start? Like a car, that doesn't really want to run, but will give you hints that it wants to (If that makes any sense.....).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement